coconut oil

nannyali

Mar 24, 2016
i have found it very helpful, i have one tablespoon of the oil three times a day spread on toast with marmite. I have seen good results since using this oil, only losing one point on my latest test. I would suggest that you keep the oil somewhere warm as it can be a little difficult to get out of the jar when cold. All the very best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Alison, welcome to TP
I've been giving it to my wife for a couple of years, that and turmeric too. Whilst there's no real evidence either does work I figured it can't do any harm either and both are cheap enough to buy.
I just put in in anything like; curry, stew, soup and the like where it dissolves, it's also good for frying as it cooks at a higher temperature.
My tip is to buy it from an ethnic food shop, the jar I have has a price sticker of £1.26 on it (500g) most supermarkets charge over double that, however, a major supermarket (the one where every little helps) has it on offer (on line, not sure about
in-store) for £1.25 so stock up:)
K

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi Alison, welcome to TP
I've been giving it to my wife for a couple of years, that and turmeric too. Whilst there's no real evidence either does work I figured it can't do any harm either and both are cheap enough to buy.
I just put in in anything like; curry, stew, soup and the like where it dissolves, it's also good for frying as it cooks at a higher temperature.
My tip is to buy it from an ethnic food shop, the jar I have has a price sticker of £1.26 on it (500g) most supermarkets charge over double that, however, a major supermarket (the one where every little helps) has it on offer (on line, not sure about
in-store) for £1.25 so stock up:)
K

I was interested in coconut oil too. I tried it myself for two days as I was worried about giving it to T. I probably did something stupid but I was sick for two days afterwards. I didn't give it to T! Yes I swallowed two teaspoons of it each day!!

Aisling

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Yes I swallowed two teaspoons of it each day!!
Aisling

Have you heard the expression "the bottom fell out of my world"?
Two straight spoonfulls of it in a day I'm surprised this didn't happen, but the other way round :) It is a bit of a laxative when eaten on its own.
K

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Have you heard the expression "the bottom fell out of my world"?
Two straight spoonfulls of it in a day I'm surprised this didn't happen, but the other way round :) It is a bit of a laxative when eaten on its own.
K

Thank you Kevini!!

Aisling

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Thank you Kevini!! Aisling

Should have said you can use it to brown the meat before you make a stobhach Gaelach or Irish stew/casserole too then put it in with the meat, eating it on it's own probably isn't the best way.
K