Respite

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Nice post Aisling, and as far as I'm concerned you haven't said anything that anyone could possibly be upset by. Humour is about the only thing that gets us through sometimes, and your 'weird' sense of humour sounds creative and fun.
I hope you're really feeling better now. My son has gone down with the flu and it has floored him, some nasty bugs about.

Glad T settled down well in respite, hopefully you will be able to plan regular breaks. Hope he settles down at home.

Nice to 'meet' Stella, Cosmo and Scooter. We watched Supervet tonight. Lovely Irish man, always has us both in tears.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you. My mind easier now. Plenty of TLC for your son. Awful dose.

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hope things aren't too difficult post respite and that you're planning the next break? It's always good to have something to look forward to. Keep posting Aisling. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point
Going well at moment TG. Meds working. T getting sleep at night.

Aisling

Alicenutter

Aug 29, 2015
Massachusetts USA
It certainly was. Thank you Scarlett. I am still exhausted!! I must be just lazy.

Aisling

You're not lazy Aisling. You had flu!!! And you're exhausted. You can't be lazy when you're doing the job you're doing. Don't beat yourself up; smile at yourself and use that great sense of humour. Xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
You're not lazy Aisling. You had flu!!! And you're exhausted. You can't be lazy when you're doing the job you're doing. Don't beat yourself up; smile at yourself and use that great sense of humour. Xxx

Thank you. I now have a big smile on my face after reading tour message.

Aisling

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
You weren't well, so you weren't being lazy - just unable to do much. And even if you think you were lazy, you deserved it. :)

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
You weren't well, so you weren't being lazy - just unable to do much. And even if you think you were lazy, you deserved it. :)

Hope all is going well. That you have some strength back as I know how the flu can take everything out of you. When everything settles down please let us know how respite was for your husband. I think it may be us soon. Love.xxxxxxxxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Aisling, here's a link to Home Instead - you can actually download that booklet I told you about: http://www.homeinstead.ie/family-carer-senior-citizen-guidebook

And here's a link to what was the Carer's Association - they are now Family Carers Ireland. http://familycarers.ie/

Thanks a million. Got myself confused trying to reply to private msges but I am now able to post private msges. I posted msges on the thread so thanks to people who deleted them for me.

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hope all is going well. That you have some strength back as I know how the flu can take everything out of you. When everything settles down please let us know how respite was for your husband. I think it may be us soon. Love.xxxxxxxxx

Yes I will Casbow when my head is back together. From my experience of Respite, I definitely recommend it.

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi everyone,

Me again. You all know I have a weird sense of humour by now!! But! During the past week I thought I was either going stark raving mad or getting depressed. I have a sense of dread regarding depression.

Now the question. Am tired all the time. Honestly. I cook a meal. Wash up and then have to sit down for a few minutes if I can do so. Anyone any ideas what is happening to me? I realise this is a tiny problem in the grand scale of problems but I want to sleep all the time. Replies will be appreciated please.

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Exactly.

If you've had the virus we've all had in this house - that is normal. Take it as slowly as you can, ready meals if possible as your caring duties will drain you enough for now.
Thank you Jugglingmum. Am keeping on top of the caring duties, I think! Ready made lasagne for tomorrow and I don't feel guilty.

Aisling

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Not only are these the after effects of your flu, but also your body is telling you that you are very very tired, due to all your caring duties, and must take things as easy as you possibly can.

The best advice I can give you is to ignore whatever jobs you can, and just concentrate on what is important. My housekeeping standards took a distinct downward spiral when looking after John took up more and more of my time.

But nobody reported me to the Cleaning Police, ;) and I found that it was hard for me to distinguish whether I was physically tired or mentally tired - probably both. Mental exhaustion could be mistaken for depression, and I was exhausted, for example, mentally, answering the same questions, over and over again.

I'm not suggesting you ignore things like cleaning the loo, but I found myself glossing over a lot of unnecessary tasks. It's like choosing which battles to fight. We've all only got a finite amount of energy, and unfortunately, phone calls to hospitals, Social Services etc, take up so much time, and you often come off the phone exhausted.

Look after yourself Sweetie - you deserve some TLC too. xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi everyone,

Am being tormented by professional who wants me to meet a social worker!! What for?? She will help me!! " and pips will fly". Now SW phoning me!! Anyway she is coming tomorrow at 2.30 pm. Wondered if I would like to meet her away from home so we could talk in private away from T.!! What planet are they on. Just to be awkward I asked her where could I get a red toilet seat! She hadn't a clue and told me to google. I hope I can be calm tomorrow as my patience is running out. I have been quoted and misquoted by so many professionals. How can a SW help me?

She is not going to get loads of private info to write in her book from me. Someone else asked me for info off the record and I trusted her. She told the whole story to her team including students! I was not a happy camper.

So please think of me tomorrow and pray I don't "Google her"

Any advice on hiding my frustration and trying to be nice will be welcome.

Aisling

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo