next stage

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Hi to all my friends on TP.as you know I visit my lovely wife June every day.for the last week or so when I visit June is in a very very deep sleep.nobody can wake her up the sleeping is so deep.this can last for up to about 6 hours or more.June is often sleeping but what I would say is a normal sleep and she will wake up easily but this other sleeping is something very different.my question is has anyone else has any experience of this is it maybe the next stage of this wicked decease.sorry the post is so long but I wanted to fully explain.take care all of you xx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Hi pins tony,

The first time my MIL slept so deep we couldn't get any response from her we called 999! The paramedics were great but they too couldn't work out if all ok so she was carted of to hospital for a night. All was well.

Now if she's like this we just leave her, no point in even trying to get any response from her. She went 36hrs once :eek::eek: and then woke up as if she'd been asleep since the night before :D:D

Just another part of this vile disease for MIL I think, not necessarily another stage.

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
thanks

Hi pins tony,

The first time my MIL slept so deep we couldn't get any response from her we called 999! The paramedics were great but they too couldn't work out if all ok so she was carted of to hospital for a night. All was well.

Now if she's like this we just leave her, no point in even trying to get any response from her. She went 36hrs once :eek::eek: and then woke up as if she'd been asleep since the night before :D:D

Just another part of this vile disease for MIL I think, not necessarily another stage.

Thank you I am so worried and fill so helpless.your experience and message has helped me somewhat thank you againxx

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
Thank you I am so worried and fill so helpless.your experience and message has helped me somewhat thank you againxx

My mother sleeps very, very deeply most of the time, now. She is in the end stage, pins tony. She has had deep sleeps for over a year now, maybe two years. The situation soes make us feel helpless. I'll bet she knows you are there. My mother will sometimes grab my hand if I put it by her while she is sleeping deeply.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
MIL got up yesterday at 5.30pm and went back to bed at 10pm. She's only just got up and is eating her breakfast now! No doubt she'll be back in bed at 10pm.

We just never know if she'll do the same tomorrow, she could be up at 5am :eek: or sleep til 5pm. Plans are things of the past, we just work around her for meals.

When she goes for day care I can wake her enough, most times, to get her up dressed, breakfasted and delivered but she often spends much of the day asleep!

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
MIL got up yesterday at 5.30pm and went back to bed at 10pm. She's only just got up and is eating her breakfast now! No doubt she'll be back in bed at 10pm.

We just never know if she'll do the same tomorrow, she could be up at 5am :eek: or sleep til 5pm. Plans are things of the past, we just work around her for meals.

When she goes for day care I can wake her enough, most times, to get her up dressed, breakfasted and delivered but she often spends much of the day asleep!
Thank you all I just think my lovely wife June maybe has had enough of this wicked decease and this her way of escape.thank you all for your messages.take care xx

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Sending you strength for the days ahead. This is such a terrible disease. Im sure yiur wife is comforted by yiu being there and i hope you have people with you. Love quilty

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Sending you strength for the days ahead. This is such a terrible disease. Im sure yiur wife is comforted by yiu being there and i hope you have people with you. Love quilty

Thank you so much I have no choice but to keep on trying to
Cope for the sake of my lovely brave wife

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDrew