Feeling miserable

woody

Sep 16, 2009
Arnside cumbria
Today my husband had to go into respite as I'm off in hospital tomorrow for an op,I've been so excited for a break,first time in a year planned a nice meal etc,and all I've done is cry im missing him so much even though lately he's been really hard work,keep looking at the sofa thinking he's here.

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
Please don't cry, he will soon be back with you in his chair, it is only for a short while while you have your op and get better. Your husband will be fine and looked after.
Good luck with you op and I wish you a speedy recovery.

woody

Sep 16, 2009
Arnside cumbria
Please don't cry, he will soon be back with you in his chair, it is only for a short while while you have your op and get better. Your husband will be fine and looked after.
Good luck with you op and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you I know I'm been silly ,thought it would be easy.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
It isn't silly, it is such a difficult path we tread xxx
Take care and hope the op goes well tomorrow, let us know xx

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
My wife's section 2 (28 days) runs out today so on Thursday (last) they renewed it for a 6 month section 3 so I might be looking at an empty sofa for a while.
Have some you time, have your op then look forward to the reunion.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I'm sure he's missing you every bit as much as you're missing him, it's not for long, he'll be back on the sofa soon enough.
K

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thank you I know I'm been silly ,thought it would be easy.

This disease can always hijack us with unexpected emotional as well practical demands woody. I was longing for a break then my husband went into hospital for two weeks, and it brought up all sorts of upsetting feelings. Plus you've got the stress of facing a big op without the support of a partner. I do hope all goes well for you and your husband settles down in respite.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hope the op goes well and you re soon home with your husband again. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
This disease can always hijack us with unexpected emotional as well practical demands woody. I was longing for a break then my husband went into hospital for two weeks, and it brought up all sorts of upsetting feelings. Plus you've got the stress of facing a big op without the support of a partner. I do hope all goes well for you and your husband settles down in respite.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree having such a big operation without emotional support from your partner is so difficult. I only have a miserable cold and its made worse cos I am not getting any sympathy. Having to get up to tend to things is like double work when one is not well and you sound like you will need the break after such a big operation. Good luck hope your recovering is quick...

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello woody, l know how you feel about the empty chair, when my hubby went into care, l got so upset seeing his empty chair, so l changed my dinning room into a sitting room just for me. It did help. l hope all goes well with your operation, you will soon be reunited with your hubby, thinking of you