help with sleep

seapearl

Feb 4, 2016
my husband as vascular dementia I am his carer he is also diabled need to use a mobility scooter in the day time we are fine its at night he does not sleep for more then a few hours and keeps me awake I have not had a good night sleep for years I bet I am not the only one cam someone help me I get very very cross and lose it sometime which I don't what to do

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
You need to discuss this with his GP and the Memory clinic if you still go. There are medications which can help but his other conditions need to be considered. Recently members have also discussed how giving two paracetamol given at bedtime seems to relax and calm some people who might have underlying pain or discomfort.

My husband has a bad knee and I have tried this once or twice and it seems to help.

seapearl

Feb 4, 2016
You need to discuss this with his GP and the Memory clinic if you still go. There are medications which can help but his other conditions need to be considered. Recently members have also discussed how giving two paracetamol given at bedtime seems to relax and calm some people who might have underlying pain or discomfort.

My husband has a bad knee and I have tried this once or twice and it seems to help.

I do go to are GP but they don't help I cant give him paracetamol as he is alredy on strong painkillers I did give him nyaol tablet once and that worked but don't like to give him them every night