Farewell for now.

chrisdee

Nov 23, 2014
Yorkshire
I think I have reached a point of saying a grateful and heartfelt farewell to TP and TP'ers at this point. Like many I found TP when I needed it most, but put off joining for far too long.
If this applies to you then join straight away! I have learned so much that I could not possibly summarise my learning from you all. Like many I suppose, I took up care duties for Mum in conjunction with my brother pretty reluctantly at first, it seemed like a slowly accelerating train with more than a mystery tour element - many of us like to plan ahead, but there is no such luxury with any of the dementias I found. I am not a natural carer, but have found myself, now at the end of it all [Mum died last March] a rather more patient and hopefully understanding person. Life is starting over, not without the odd unexpected bump in the road. The family feels pretty reduced with both parents passed now [I have no kids]. the unintended consequences were that I really put my OH through the mill, who is, just now, in recovery himself after a bout of depression. Lessons to learn all round I think. You are all Saints and Stars, bless you and thank you.
Chris.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry you're leaving us Chris but I do understand that you feel that this is the right time. I'm so glad you felt well supported here. Never say never! You can always pop in again if every you feel you need to.

Wishing you all the very best for what life brings.

Take care.

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
I think I have reached a point of saying a grateful and heartfelt farewell to TP and TP'ers at this point. Like many I found TP when I needed it most, but put off joining for far too long.
If this applies to you then join straight away! I have learned so much that I could not possibly summarise my learning from you all. Like many I suppose, I took up care duties for Mum in conjunction with my brother pretty reluctantly at first, it seemed like a slowly accelerating train with more than a mystery tour element - many of us like to plan ahead, but there is no such luxury with any of the dementias I found. I am not a natural carer, but have found myself, now at the end of it all [Mum died last March] a rather more patient and hopefully understanding person. Life is starting over, not without the odd unexpected bump in the road. The family feels pretty reduced with both parents passed now [I have no kids]. the unintended consequences were that I really put my OH through the mill, who is, just now, in recovery himself after a bout of depression. Lessons to learn all round I think. You are all Saints and Stars, bless you and thank you.
Chris.

Bon voyage!

Martin099

Nov 13, 2012
Dorset
I too lost my mother quite recently and the pain is still very raw. I completely understand your position and wish you well. Life brings about new chapters, sometimes expectedly and sometimes not, but always it takes time to adapt. The loss of the second parent in my experience brings with it a sudden loneliness, no matter what your circumstances are. Don't forget there are people here that care and will always have time for you should you wish to return.
Martin

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Bye Chris, sometimes the best thing to do is to move on and put the past behind you.
I hope the future is a bright and sunny place for you and the darkness of the past will, after time begin to fade into memory.
There'll always be someone here if you need it.
K

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Bless you too, Chrisdee and I hope life holds as much happiness and laughter in the future as its held sadness in the past. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grable

May 19, 2015
Thanks for the post, Chris. I'm sorry you're leaving us, but happy that you can. I hope the normality you're able to create now is long and happy one for you and OH.