Phoning

May 1

May 7, 2015
Surrey
My OH phones people day and night how can I stop this. I can't hide his phone as he gets aggressive .i feel so embarrassed by it. Help Please.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
My OH phones people day and night how can I stop this. I can't hide his phone as he gets aggressive .i feel so embarrassed by it. Help Please.

It is all so difficult. My OH is walking around the house looking for horses and trying to get people out! No one here only me. This will go on all night.

This is probably a stupid idea but could you take sim out of his phone? It is a heartbreaking condition and so stressful.

Sending you a virtual hug.

Aisling. ( Ireland)

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
It is all so difficult. My OH is walking around the house looking for horses and trying to get people out! No one here only me. This will go on all night.

This is probably a stupid idea but could you take sim out of his phone? It is a heartbreaking condition and so stressful.

Sending you a virtual hug.

Aisling. ( Ireland)

Sorry me again! Don't feel embarrassed about it. I gave up being embarrassed and explaining. It is up to other people to educate themselves regarding the condition. You have enough to cope with.

Aisling.x

mrjelly

Jul 23, 2012
West Sussex
This is a tough problem really, and I don't think there is any easy fix for it.

With a BT land line you can restrict outgoing calls to a list of 10 numbers with their Network Controlled Calling feature, but it is quite restrictive and inconvenient.

see http://www.btplc.com/Inclusion/ProductsAndServices/ServicesfromBT/Outgoingcallcontrol/index.htm

It might be simpler just to tell your friends and family it is OK to ignore calls from your OH or direct his calls to an answer-phone (assuming they all have caller display). You could agree to call them from your mobile if it is anything important.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
could you just unplug the phone and remove it and tell him it has gone to be repaired and then just plug it in when you need it ? I don't know what your circumstances are and this might be a ridiculous suggestion so please feel free to ignore it lol.