Feel so sorry for mum

Doghouse

Dec 30, 2015
Folkestone, Kent
My poor mum had no carers go into her tonight, they had forgot to rota her evening call. So at 9pm when I finished work i went and done her meds and food. It's not the first time they have missed a call. I'm so angry as she's diabetic and should have eaten hours earlier. This sort of thing doesn't help with her anxiety, and what bothers me most is no matter how many conversations I have its makes no difference. Official complaints logged tonight as I can't let this happen anymore to her. In trying to make life easier it just seems to get harder. :mad:

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Do please make an official complaint to Social Services saying they missed a meal and medication call - not acceptable - would be a good idea. So sorry to hear this but thank goodness for your mum you are willing and able to help xxxx

Doghouse

Dec 30, 2015
Folkestone, Kent
Carers rota this week is now looking better. Like you said Fizzle a complaint went into social services and yesterday had so many calls. Mum even had a carer pop in to tell her she would be coming back later but she just checked to see all okay. The rota arrived today and the timings seem to be a lot better for the coming week.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Carers rota this week is now looking better. Like you said Fizzle a complaint went into social services and yesterday had so many calls. Mum even had a carer pop in to tell her she would be coming back later but she just checked to see all okay. The rota arrived today and the timings seem to be a lot better for the coming week.

Good to see you got some kind of result from an official complaint Doghouse. Sadly experience tells me you have to keep an eye on some of these agency carers. Not ideal for you or your mum, sorry.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011

So pleased. The agency would be mad not to respond as they are dependent on social services referrals so it works and you have done a lot of others a favour as hopefully they will realise someone is onto the sloppy behaviour xx

little shettie

Nov 10, 2009
I had similar issues with a care agency when mum lived alone. Not only missed calls, but going in early morning at 8am when her call should've been 10am and writing in the book 10am! I arrived early and caught them out. But what about all those poor people with no one to look out for them. No wonder our elderly are let down badly by the system, its just appalling isn't it? So much progress made in our modern world and yet our elder folk are at the bottom of the pile when it comes down to it. Shocking state of affairs. Glad you reported them and letting them know you are keeping an eye on things will help. I would also report them to the Care Quality Commission. :mad: