Leaking fillings

Creeping Snail

Dec 26, 2015
Leicestershire
My husband is saying that all the fillings are leaking out of his teeth! He's been to the dentist who says there's nothing wrong. Now the story keeps changing about which tooth it is, and who filled it etc etc. None of which makes any sense. He is constantly niggling and sucking at whichever tooth he thinks it is at the moment and it's driving me mad, I can hear him over the television. He is of course adamant that what he is experiencing is real, when I know it's not. Bizarre:eek:

I expected memory loss and other things, and you've helped me with accusations of lying and I have been reading other peoples postings to gain experience of what might come up and how others cope, but this one is so bizarre I don't know where to go with it. Any suggestions as to how I deal with it would be most welcome. Thank you

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
My husband is saying that all the fillings are leaking out of his teeth! He's been to the dentist who says there's nothing wrong. Now the story keeps changing about which tooth it is, and who filled it etc etc. None of which makes any sense. He is constantly niggling and sucking at whichever tooth he thinks it is at the moment and it's driving me mad, I can hear him over the television. He is of course adamant that what he is experiencing is real, when I know it's not. Bizarre:eek:

I expected memory loss and other things, and you've helped me with accusations of lying and I have been reading other peoples postings to gain experience of what might come up and how others cope, but this one is so bizarre I don't know where to go with it. Any suggestions as to how I deal with it would be most welcome. Thank you

Oh dear, one never knows what new is going to be thrown up by this horrid decease. I haven't any suggestions but just wanted to let you know that someone is listening,

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I stole mum's legs and killed my children according to Mum. Nothing would persuade her otherwise until the next obcession came along.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015

I am fairly new to TP. My OH was finally diagnosed in September and I am still trying to do the right thing while flailing about not knowing what is going to happen next. I have found this site an immense help and there always seems to be someone who has coped with something similar and comes along with great advise. Keep your chin up.

Creeping Snail

Dec 26, 2015
Leicestershire
Oh dear, one never knows what new is going to be thrown up by this horrid decease. I haven't any suggestions but just wanted to let you know that someone is listening,

Thank you for that. It makes such a difference. It seems that most of us don't want to involve ie burden, family, but this 'family', this forum, is the most important source of help and sympathy that could ever exist. A life saver. Thank you.

Creeping Snail

Dec 26, 2015
Leicestershire
I am fairly new to TP. My OH was finally diagnosed in September and I am still trying to do the right thing while flailing about not knowing what is going to happen next. I have found this site an immense help and there always seems to be someone who has coped with something similar and comes along with great advise. Keep your chin up.

I knew 10 years ago that something was going wrong. Even 5 years ago, because he could still draw a clock and write a sentence in their silly tests, they said he was Ok. NOT. I'm very new to this too, and don't know how I am going to cope. You keep your chin up too. We know we have friends here, and boy do we need them.

Creeping Snail

Dec 26, 2015
Leicestershire
I stole mum's legs and killed my children according to Mum. Nothing would persuade her otherwise until the next obcession came along.

What a terrible burden to have to cope with. As I am realising, there's always someone worse off, which is why this forum is so invaluable. It is helping me put things into context. Thank you, Onlyme.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009

Hi Creeping snail

Sorry your husband is experiencing this. The dentist may say there is nothing wrong but it sounds to me as if your husband is experiencing tooth pain of some description, it may not be 'leaking fillings' but his mouth actions and attempts to describe it are that something is not right for him. With any toothache it is often difficult to identify exactly which tooth its coming from and dentists can be known to miss things. My friend's teeth play up a lot and I think it is due to the inflammatory nature of this disease which affects mouth tissues as well as brain tissue. I take her seriously because it is, I encourage/remind her re cleaning her teeth properly and flossing and using mouthwash, of course she tells me she does that all the time (except when she forgets;) of course!) this then makes her do it and somehow it then passes for a while until the next time but at least it gets her to focus a bit on her mouth hygiene which of course when it is bad is likely to give her pain.

Sorry if these suggestions are not helpful but wanted to share.
Best wishes
Sue:)