In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo Exhausted. I remember your earlier posts, sorry to only catch up with this one now and wish you as many good night's sleep as you can while your dad is being looked after.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hullo Exhausted. I remember your earlier posts, sorry to only catch up with this one now and wish you as many good night's sleep as you can while your dad is being looked after.

Thanks again everyone I really don't know what I would do without tp.... Dad remains in hospital tonight.. This may sound awful.. But it is another nights sleep... Hugs to you all xxx

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
Not awful at all. We who have read your posts all know how much you are in need and deserve a break xxx bless you and get what blessings you can with good grace xxx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Hi exhausted.

I hope everything is going ok and that you are beginning to feel the benefits of some good sound sleep.

Heidi xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi exhausted.

I hope everything is going ok and that you are beginning to feel the benefits of some good sound sleep.

Heidi xx

Hi susy and Heidi.. Thank you.. Yes I am getting some much needed sleep.. Couldn't believe it.. Went to bed at 11pm last night and woke at 9.30 this morning I was amazed at how long I had slept. Off to see dad later and then another early night xx by the way Heidi hope your weekend with oh went wel... It was just before Xmas wasn't it.. Best wishes exhausted xxx

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
So glad to hear that you are catching up on your sleep!!! Bank all those hours x Thinking of you xxx

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
That goes to show two things... One, you really are exhausted and two, you are de stressing and able to sleep for long periods. Keep going. Early nights rock xxxx

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Exhausted, just to add my wishes for another restful, peaceful, blissful night's sleep for you. Much as I'm sure you want your dad home soon, enjoy the rest while you can. xx

Jonny1

Account on hold
Apr 9, 2015
Nantwich, Cheshire
Happy New Year exhausted! Try to take is easy in the next few days. It's impossible to think straight when you are tired and sleep deprived. You are doing so well - they don't teach you how to cope with life experiences like this at school!

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
I had a lovely time with oh thanks exhausted!! I too slept a lot, to be woken by the juicer - carrot and pear. I go once a month, so it won't be too long before the time comes round again!!

Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I had a lovely time with oh thanks exhausted!! I too slept a lot, to be woken by the juicer - carrot and pear. I go once a month, so it won't be too long before the time comes round again!!

Xx

So pleased to hear that you had a good weekend and got some sleep too xx and no it won't be long for your next visit.. Even though each day is exhausting and challenging the time does seem to pass quickly doesn't it xxx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
It certainly does!! I have been here caring for Dad for 4 years and yet the day I came is so clear in my mind!!

How is your Dad doing now? Mine had a day in bed yesterday as he was running a temperature, but he is absolutely fine this morning and whistling for me as usual.

Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
It certainly does!! I have been here caring for Dad for 4 years and yet the day I came is so clear in my mind!!

How is your Dad doing now? Mine had a day in bed yesterday as he was running a temperature, but he is absolutely fine this morning and whistling for me as usual.

Xx

Hi Heidi pleased to hear your dad is feeling better today... I have to chuckle when you say he whistles you but you seem to be OK with it xxx my dad has been an handful today for the nursing staff they've I formed me that he has been really restless today they tell me with no exaggeration that he has been to the bathroom no less than 70 times today to clean himself , his obsessive behavior is becoming a real problem to cope with they also tell me that he is not sleeping ( which I know only too well ) I have a meeting on the ward tomorrow morning with the mental health team ...so I hope it will be useful.. Thanks again for enquiring ...take care xxxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hope you get on ok tomorrow exhausted2015. The psychiatrist prescribed my mum trazadone which has helped quite a bit , so hopefully your dad can be assessed fully while he is in hospital with medication if suggested. Good luck . Lou

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hope you get on ok tomorrow exhausted2015. The psychiatrist prescribed my mum trazadone which has helped quite a bit , so hopefully your dad can be assessed fully while he is in hospital with medication if suggested. Good luck . Lou

Thank you Lou xxx I Will try to post the outcome tomorrow xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
My little bundle of Joy

My little bundle of joy he keeps my sanity

Attachments

• IMG_20160103_134403.jpg
    IMG_20160103_134403.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 755

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
What a gorgeous little dog!! He looks like a proper character. Me and OH have got 2 cats in London. They have definitely kept him sane during this time of separation. He makes up songs about them and sings them to me down the phone.

Best of luck for your Dad's MH assessment today. Now that the authorities are involved and aware of how much your Dad - and you - are suffering, lets hope they have some suggestions as to how his situation can be improved.

Thinking of you both xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Just want to cry

Met with the raid team today hoping that they could come up with something for dad's obsessive behaviour and sleeplessness.. But they basically told me that it was about time that I handed care over to a residential home so that we could have our father daughter relationship back.. The ward have been monitoring him since his heart attack and to put it in layman's terms it's give the dementia another kick up the bum.. They did suggest him going to a dementia care unit at our local mental health hospital until it was time for the respite break at the end of Jan.. Has this would give us a bit more time to make a decision about his future... During the meeting the tears were streaming down my face as I was almost imploring them to come up with something but they say there is no medication it's the disease progressing... I've been emotional all day... My poor dad xx I'm still undecided but may go for there suggestion and after respite bring him home and see how we are coping... Thanks again everyone for your concern.. A big hug to you all from a tearful exhausted xxx
Sorry if the post is a bit muddled.. I'm a mess today xx