A tale of two halves..........

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well what can I say Christmas day was perfect, from presents, food the wonderful company the day was perfect. Other half enjoyed himself, eating dancing and taking part in the hundreds of photos to make memories for us to all hold. Then the clock struck and it went downhill for him, as soon as I try to give him his last meds of the day he went crazy, ran off, refused to come home threatening being abusive to a level we had not experienced. Fortunately the night was already coming to an end and family made there way home. My boys eventually got him in we managed to give him meds in a chocolate and took him up. Unfortunately he wasn't in a good mood being abusive to me I was very scared so I went down. 10 Minutes later he came down wanted to leave swearing then lashed out at my step son, the boys managed to restrain him and I was told by my sons to leave. Thebooys managed to calm situation and got dad to bed. In the morning my stepson got him up brushed bathed and ready then when he tried to give him meds it all kicked off again. This lasted all day with him leaving the house being abusive. I called out emergency doctor he prescribed the mirsapine in liquid form which no chemist had in stock and he advised called 999 and send him to hospital. We eventually managed to feed him the meds upping the dose in some cake. Evening was difficult in we were all cautios however I had left my younger son at my sisters all day so we were preparing for any difficulties. Things went ok and we managed to get him to sleep without any further problems. The way forward today is we are not going to give him the medication with him knowing and hopefully by tuesday when I can see the doctor we can sort out a different tactic. Will get the antidepressant in liquid form today and the the rest of meds will be mixed in food. Fingers crossed again......

All said and done what we wanted was a christmas to remember and it certainly was that for all the right reasons no one can take the wonderful memories we managed to achieve in one day truly magical......Hoping everyone had their wishes come true....

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What you are all living with is ridiculous. Please show your posts to the medics. It`s not only you who are living with torment, your OH is tormented too.

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
What you are all living with is ridiculous. Please show your posts to the medics. It`s not only you who are living with torment, your OH is tormented too.

I realize this however my choices are limited. Medicine is the only thing that is helping us which is a nightmare in administrating at the moment. When things have been really tough I have been tempted to call 999 but the thought of him maybe being sectioned is too horrible to think about especially when there are moments afterwards when everything is a good as they can be. I realized yesterday I know we will not be able to carry on like this for to much longer as the impact on my little man and the family is taking its toll, but when I read other peoples journey I feel things are not as bad (should that be enough to carry on like this) I don't know the answers to anything. I do not want to make the wrong call to early at the same time I don't want to make everyone around me suffer more because I could not make the right call. I still don't know what we are going to do, other half is obviously not happy its as if the light is dimmed not out but its dull around him and this darkening is clouding over the whole house........we are not living a normal life......

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Keegan I do understand your reluctance but sometimes sectioning is the best thing to happen. They get observed & their medication sorted properly.
Please stay safe.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Keegan, as Cat says, sectioning is not all bad! There are many Carers who say that sectioning was the best thing that could of happened to their caree. It offers an opportunity for the right meds to be found and thus behaviour improved to the point where he might be able to come home again.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Keegan, I can't offer any advice other than your family, especially your 'little man' are entitled to a more calm and settled environment than they have at the moment. You have hard choices to make and all I can offer is a big virtual hug, not much use I'm afraid. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point