slightly worried

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
my oh ( with suspected frontal lobe demantia) suddenly started to do a very strange gagging during his dinner last night ( very different sound to any thing i have ever heard) i thought he was going to be sick but after few mins he stopped gagging said he did not feel sick just gagged seemed a bit confused by it all some one told me today this is could be due to his brain has any one got any knowledge or experinence of this

Last edited:

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
Is it like choking, or difficulty swallowing? It can happen that the body's involuntary responses (like swallowing) can be interfered with by damage to specific spots in the brain.

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
Is it like choking, or difficulty swallowing? It can happen that the body's involuntary responses (like swallowing) can be interfered with by damage to specific spots in the brain.
he did not seem to be choking more difficultly swallowing i guess. he did not have food in mouth when gagging i dont think

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
When OH was assessed and FTD was first mentioned, one of the things that I was specifically asked was whether he choked when eating (he does). It seems to be something that goes with FTD.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
My hubby eats his food so quickly, its almost like a race to beat everyone else (he is in a CH) before AD he was a very slow eater, he is always clearing his throat, saying l am thirsty. He does still have a very good appetite. ☺