So scared

DollyP

Dec 14, 2015

I am so pleased if I have found this group. So hoping you can help me. Here are my mitigating circumstances (!) that I use to rationalise my on and off memory. I spend hours and hours on my laptop because of my hobbies and Facebook and just that I am very sociable. It doesn't help that I'm a touch typist so type as fast as I speak with people and am constantly stimulated by this and that. My worrying symptoms are:-
  • Calling my cats by the names of cats we had 9 or so years ago (I never did this before)
  • Not remembering which is the cutlery drawer
  • For the last month of so, having night terrors and waking up not knowing where I am. Taking time to work it out / my husband telling me. (This may be a leftover from sleeping tablets I used to take but I am also worried that they have damaged my brain)
  • Driving along and suddenly losing my bearings. This really frightens me.
  • My husband has to repeat things to me (though he says this is because I am always on the laptop and not listening)
  • I completely forget dates but always have them on my diary. But if I didn't have them there, I would really forget them.
  • I feel surreal and disassciated sometimes; ditto anxious
  • It doesn't help that I get psychosomatic things and hypondria so as soon as I read something about it, I get it. The air is full of demential and AZ symptoms but no reason for me to ignore this.
  • I freqently lose my keys and am very very scatterbrain and butterfly brain (but always have been.
  • I find it hard to concentrate (OK with my book but not watcing television - but is that because I want to get back to doing my hobby on my laptop?)
This morning, I lost my mascara and hunted on my table high and low. I gave up and dug an old one out and then when I got home later, the two were next to each other. Scary stuff.

I am 68.

Can I go somewhere and pay to have a brain test? Everytime someones says that 'outgoing high function' people get it... well that's me. But if I did have it, would I be able to type this fast and accurately?. Is it just because I have complete overload from the combination of fast communication and my people-loving personality?!!

Please help me.. I am so frightened.

:confused:

Last edited:

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Your first stop woud be your GP. Tell him what you told us or print it out for him. He can do some tests and refer you to a memory clinic if he thinks it might be dementia-related. It could be other things too, so try not to worry. I assume you live in the UK so there is no need to pay for a brain scan.

DollyP

Dec 14, 2015
Your first stop woud be your GP. Tell him what you told us or print it out for him. He can do some tests and refer you to a memory clinic if he thinks it might be dementia-related. It could be other things too, so try not to worry. I assume you live in the UK so there is no need to pay for a brain scan.

Thank you for your quick response. Now have to go and brave my GP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbie1968