My dad's new night time habit

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
My dad is driving me to despair as you know from previous posts he does not sleep at night which is exhausting enough but now he started to strip his bed completely down to removing the electric blanket and placing it in a heap on top of his bed so now I can't get him back into bed quickly during the night I have to completely remake it every time he does it.. Aaaaaah.. Also he has started to urinate in the bathroom sink I have only managed to solve one problem that is each night I replace the towels in the bathroom with old ones because he will wipe his private parts with them instead of using toilet paper and then he wipes the bathroom floor with it.. So solved that one but don't know what to do about the bed or the urinating In the sink.. Just came on for a moan.. Don't expect any solutions xx

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
The bathroom sink is made out of the same material than the loo, I would think, right? I don't like OH doing it but I just have a cleaning spray ready and wipe the sink quickly. It was worse when he did it in the kitchen sink, but luckily that was only a phase! Some battles you just can't win.

Not sure what to do about the bed, sorry.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
The bathroom sink is made out of the same material than the loo, I would think, right? I don't like OH doing it but I just have a cleaning spray ready and wipe the sink quickly. It was worse when he did it in the kitchen sink, but luckily that was only a phase! Some battles you just can't win.

Not sure what to do about the bed, sorry.

Hi Beate oh gosh the kitchen sink!! yes I keep a detol spray to hand.. But the bed is driving me mad xx

jojop

Nov 9, 2013
SE London
Hi exhausted,
Not sure what to suggest 're the bed, sorry.

My mum has recently developed a habit of using the waste bin in the room to go to toilet during the night, the telecare alarm alerts me she is out of bed and if I go in to her whilst she is doin this she gets anxious, embarrassed or sometimes angry. So I just wait a short while and then go in and discreetly remove it, clean it and replace. And hope she doesn't need to go again during the night! Xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi exhausted,
Not sure what to suggest 're the bed, sorry.

My mum has recently developed a habit of using the waste bin in the room to go to toilet during the night, the telecare alarm alerts me she is out of bed and if I go in to her whilst she is doin this she gets anxious, embarrassed or sometimes angry. So I just wait a short while and then go in and discreetly remove it, clean it and replace. And hope she doesn't need to go again during the night! Xx

And I thought the sink was bad.. Poor you xx I'm just wondering how many carers are up during the small hours tackling these things xx.. Hundreds probably xx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
My mum used to do something similar with bedding. In the middle of the night I would go into her room to put her back in bed and find that she had turned all sides of bedding folded/rolled into the centre of the bed. She still sometimes does this but mainly during the day. Never found the answer to this one except when remaking did not put all bedding back on-too tired!

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
My mum used to do something similar with bedding. In the middle of the night I would go into her room to put her back in bed and find that she had turned all sides of bedding folded/rolled into the centre of the bed. She still sometimes does this but mainly during the day. Never found the answer to this one except when remaking did not put all bedding back on-too tired!

Hi tin no I don't think there is an answer x I just make it roughly, like you I'm too tired to make it properly xx

Biggest Fairy

Jan 26, 2015
Inverness
Buy an eyelet pliers. Put eyelets in the sheet and you can tie it underneath the mattress?

Sent from my iPhone using fat thumbs and an inability to remember to proof read.

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
May not be any use but how about letting him sleep in a sleeping bag? May not help but just a thought.