Just when you think things are calm.........

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well since our traumatic week last week things are generally alot calmer. O/H still wandering off in the mornings as long as he has coat its ok. However he does not like his coat and its the only one we can discreetly hide the iphone so we can track him. He can feel it in the pocket but does notknow what it is. Has an appointment at the clinic this morning and has decided to wander off with his coat, what to do should I attend the appointment without him son out looking for him hopefully will find him in the next half hour, what a stressful morning. Thought I would just update whilst I wait for there return.....Don't know what is going to happen when I have to return to work as he plays up in the mornings and is normally ok by 1400 (so I think then something else triggers new behaviour) This is a learning curve every minute of the day no 2 days are the same. My feelings go out everyone who does not have anyone to lean on I am fortunate to have a very supportive family to whom I will always be there for when they need me just like they have been for me..........

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Well since our traumatic week last week things are generally alot calmer. O/H still wandering off in the mornings as long as he has coat its ok. However he does not like his coat and its the only one we can discreetly hide the iphone so we can track him. He can feel it in the pocket but does notknow what it is. Has an appointment at the clinic this morning and has decided to wander off with his coat, what to do should I attend the appointment without him son out looking for him hopefully will find him in the next half hour, what a stressful morning. Thought I would just update whilst I wait for there return.....Don't know what is going to happen when I have to return to work as he plays up in the mornings and is normally ok by 1400 (so I think then something else triggers new behaviour) This is a learning curve every minute of the day no 2 days are the same. My feelings go out everyone who does not have anyone to lean on I am fortunate to have a very supportive family to whom I will always be there for when they need me just like they have been for me..........

Hope he turns up soon. Hiding a phone in the coat seems a good idea. What type of phone are you using? Hope all goes well at the clinic. If you go by yourself you can update them on current events and behaviour patterns. Good luck. G L

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Hope he turns up soon. Hiding a phone in the coat seems a good idea. What type of phone are you using? Hope all goes well at the clinic. If you go by yourself you can update them on current events and behaviour patterns. Good luck. G L

It is an iphone you can download an app called find a friend so if you have and iphone and they have one you can locate where they are. It has been a god send. The only problem we are having is he did not like the phone so refuses to use it so we put in the zipper pocket he knows something is there and keeps feeling it. We are now going to invest in a gps watch lets see how that goes down. He came pick in time to go to hospital who have now said to increase the mirzatapine to 15mg daily and try to decrease the lorazapam from 1mg 3 times to 2 times then once and hopefully zero. Scary stuff. She then rang me later and said she was concerned about us because of the rapid decline in his health and was worried for me and my 7 year old. She suggested I taking him to A an E and she would arrange for them to do more tests and maybe have him stay in hospital, this frightened me I know he is not well and we are going through a very rough patch but sectioning him is not on my radar especially as I think it would do him more harm than good. Little ones birthday on Thursday he would be devastated he dad was not home for it. Told doctor he was not violent nor aggresive and we would see how we get on in the next few days. I know I need help but I am not ready to throw in the towel yet.........

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Can you get some kind of day care to help out? Is there anything in your area? In our area Crossroads run a 3 day a week dementia 'club' and we also have a local one day dementia lunch club where they do so many things - bit of drama, newspapers, all sorts and a very mixed age range too
Just a thought that it might take some of the pressure off