Jo Jo

Sheilarose

Nov 17, 2015
Hi I am a new member and need to chat about my darling mum. She's almost 79 and diagnosed with dementia approximately 5 years ago. I'm feeling very very low at the moment. Mum lived around the corner from me on her own but 3 weeks ago moved into sheltered acc with care on hand. She has not been doing well I've noticed the memory and mobility getting worse. Last Wednesday she fainted and was taken into hospital for low blood ? Since then she's deteriorated and I'm shocked to the core. She's bedridden can't walk or feed herself and has to wear a nappy. I'm really struggling with the sudden change and don't understand why. They are doing tests for infection but coming back negative. I have a great family support but missing my sister who passed away 5 years ago. I've been signed off work for. 4 weeks to be with mum and to just hold her hand. I hope this does not drag on for her I can't bare seeing her reduced to basically being a baby again. Just need to chat to someone who knows how I'm feeling xxx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Hello Sheilarose

Welcome to Talking Point. I'm sorry your mum has deteriorated so fast. My mum is only at the early stages of dementia and I've no experience, I can only imagine how distressing things are. I just wanted to offer you a virtual hug (((hug))). You will find loads of support on here (I have).

Lavender45 x

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
so sorry to hear your news my hubby isnt at that stage yet but is in care . the few months hes been there several of the other residents [all have dementia] have gone down hill very fast. this seems to happen sometimes no reason others have a fall or get an infection, this seems to be so cruel to them as they have no idea what is wrong,and its heart breaking to see your loved one like this.

Sheilarose

Nov 17, 2015
Hello Sheilarose

Welcome to Talking Point. I'm sorry your mum has deteriorated so fast. My mum is only at the early stages of dementia and I've no experience, I can only imagine how distressing things are. I just wanted to offer you a virtual hug (((hug))). You will find loads of support on here (I have).

Lavender45 x

Hi. Thanks for the hug lol. It's so hard and reading everyone's stories is heartbreaking. Some so much younger than my mum and myself having to go through this. I'm taking great comfort from all these stories. Onwards and upwards xxx

Sheilarose

Nov 17, 2015
so sorry to hear your news my hubby isnt at that stage yet but is in care . the few months hes been there several of the other residents [all have dementia] have gone down hill very fast. this seems to happen sometimes no reason others have a fall or get an infection, this seems to be so cruel to them as they have no idea what is wrong,and its heart breaking to see your loved one like this.

Hi It does seem the norm
Doesn't it. A fall triggers it off. Mum
Only moved a few weeks ago I hate the thought that this triggered something too xx