Payroll help

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Do any of you wonderful people use the services of a payroll company to assist them with the hideous task of being an employer?

It does seem to make sense that I use direct payments to pay for care using someone mum is familiar with, and am very daunted by all that being an employer entails.

It would be great to know of your experiences in this regard, a quick "google" has thrown up numerous payroll firms which seem to provide a service to take the hard work out of managing direct payments and employment.

Your advice and comments appreciated as always xx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Sorry I can't help, thought I'd give your post a bump to the top.
Hopefully those who can help will be along soon.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I was put in touch with an accountant by the LA. The system has worked well during the few months I've been doing it. It does save you from a lot of tedious calculations and you have a paper record of all the payments you've made which you can get signed by the recipient. Couldn't the LA (via your SW perhaps) recommend an accountant?

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
I would also recommend using a local accountancy firm. It would also be worth reading up on auto enrolment pensions. There are exemptions below a certain pay level but again an accountancy firm could sort this for you if needed.