A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

117katie

Sorry!

I apologise, Gigi.

Even though I may not at the moment understand what you may mean by "I think I know that ..Katie...".

The only thing I referred to was that you said "it must have been a lonely life" in the past tense. But for me it is still today a "lonely life" in the PRESENT TENSE.

Katie

Last edited by a moderator:

117katie

Gigi,

I have had one absolutely blooming awful day, having made 12 or more phone calls, each and every one asking for help in handling that which has come my way over the last 2 months or more. The first phone call passed me on to ... THERE, and then THERE passed me on to THERE AGAIN, and then ... you've guessed. Bounced like the almighty big soft ball. Except that I will not be bounced. ........... .....

So, I am not at my best ... but I will do all I can to make sure that no-one else goes through what I have been through over the last few weeks, months, years.

So, again Gigi, I apologise if I am not up to much this evening.

But I have made a few steps forward today, as each and every one of us needs to make, so ... WATCH THIS SPACE.

I'll let you know what I achieve, or even whether I achieve NOTHING WHATSOEVER, or ...

well, I will live to see another day.

Sorry, Gigi, but I have had one s.d.ing awful day.

Katie

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sorry, Gigi, but I have had one s.d.ing awful day.
Katie....me too!!

As Scarlet O'Hara says in "Gone With the Wind"...(I can always quote films..folks....):D

Tomorrow's another day...:)

Love Gigi xx

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Just applied to join the foriegn/foreign/French legion.....

Night ladies, tomorrow just has to be a better day.

Love to you all.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
[QUOTESo, again Gigi, I apologise if I am not up to much this evening][/QUOTE]
Well Katie,

I can identify with that...;)

But cannot imagine how what I posted spoiled things for you and Cliff..you two obviously know something I don't...:rolleyes:

As Cliff said..we need our friends here..life would,indeed, be bleak without them!!!:)

Love Gigi x

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Bad evening so just sitting here reading the posts and liking every comment although some are beyond me.

It's just loverly posting to nice people who are in the same **** as yourself and being friendly.

Think I'll sit here for a while before venturing back to bed.

Hope you are all still up,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This morning was the day for the AS Memory Clinic Support Group.
As I was getting ready, Dhiren asked if he could come too.

Hallelujah ! Success! :)

So he washed and shaved, had breakfast and got dressed, and by this time was so exhausted, he couldn`t make it. So once again I went by myself. :(

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
So he washed and shaved, had breakfast and got dressed, and by this time was so exhausted, he couldn`t make it. So once again I went by myself.

Oh Sylvia!!!

That's a very familiar scenario...the very effort of getting out of bed..washing..(and sometimes I know Eric doesn't because the flannel is still dry)..shaving..(and he doesn't do that every day either..sometimes leaves it 2 or 3 days..will ask me.."do I need to shave today..)and dressing...:eek:..another challenge and big discussion.."Do I need to change my ..shirt..pants..socks..sweater..trousers.." A lost soul, really..and then too exhausted to do anything but sleep the morning away...
From Eric's side of the fence I think I have to start to realise that maintaining the effort of "normality"..as things were..is such a struggle..our mornings generally now are as quiet as possible..
Eric has a sitter 2 mornings a week..now I'm not working I'm thinking of changing to afternoons if possible..may be more beneficial

Love Gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I know Eric doesn't because the flannel is still dry)..

Guess what, Gigi, we have flannels like that in our house too. ;)

I arrived home from the Support Group, we had lunch, and the weather was so gorgeous, I managed to persuade him to come for a walk.

For the fist time since winter began, we walked to the seaside, which is downhill, stopped for a coffee, and walked home, which is uphill. I suggested the bus home, but D insisted we walk. He was delighted with himself.

Then as I was preparing dinner, he came into the kitchen with a conspirational smile on his face.
D `One day, would you like to visit my mother`s family with me?`
S `Ooh! That sounds nice, where do they live?`
D `They live in Deoghar. :eek: We can get a train, walk a bit and we`re there.`
S `OK. Let`s go tomorrow.`
D `We can`t do that, we need to save some money first.`
S `Well when you`re ready to go, let me know.`
D `They`ve got a big farm with hundreds of cows.`
S `I hope they won`t ask me to milk them.`
D `No. They have men to do that.`

Then.....
S `Let`s see if we can find it on Google earth.`.......and we found it, and he was delighted.
S `Let`s find Jamui [his home town] now.`
D `Jamui`s not there, it`s in Manchester.`

So I didn`t argue, didn`t want to do anything to spoil the mood, as it`s the best day we`ve had for a long time. :)

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sylvia:
Your last post makes ME feel good for YOU. Its lovely when someone has a good day. (Ours has been ok albeit in cloud cuckoo land :D).

How is the foreign legion application going, Cliff??
:D

Oh and yes, we have dry flannels too!!!

Best wishes Jan

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
So glad that others are having a good day as well.

So far it's been great - no difficult moments, no refusing to do something like putting shoes on or getting out of the car, etc

Have cancelled my application to join the Foreign Legion

As well as that the sun's been shining, the daffodils are bursting - whoo-oohh ! ! :) :) :) :)

Love to everyone,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
So glad to read amongst the doom and gloom of this illness, someone, somewhere, has had a good day.
Mary Ann, the mention of spirit some fellow T.P. members will dive for their favourite tipple.
Katie, stay with it my friend, I may be one step behind but am still with you.
Cliff, thank goodness you have not bothered with the Foreign Legion.
Take care everyone and may to-morrow be a better day for everyone.
Christine

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh..Sylvia.. that is wonderful!! :):):)
I'll be out of touch for a while..going to sort my mouth out..:eek:

And then feeding Eric's friends tomorrow...:D

Be back soon...

Lots of love Gigi xx

117katie

So glad that others are having a good day as well.

So far it's been great - no difficult moments, no refusing to do something like putting shoes on or getting out of the car, etc

Have cancelled my application to join the Foreign Legion

As well as that the sun's been shining, the daffodils are bursting - whoo-oohh ! ! :) :) :) :)

Love to everyone,

And there was I, Cliff, having just signed up for the Foreign Legion..... AND I WAS ACCEPTED.

Then, you go and cancel your application.

Where does that leave me?

Did you cancel Trot's application too, or is Trot coming with me??

My day: good - walked in the sunshine - bought a few plants to nurture to flowering in a few months time, plus a packet of seeds that will flower next year, plus a pair of lively soft leather gardening gloves to protect my hands.

So, a good day, but I am anticipating the post tomorrow, which will be delivering another bundle of rubbish to deal with.

Take care, Cliff, of yourself, and Dee and Trot, of course.

Love
Katie

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Sylvia,

So glad you and Dhiren had a good day. My mum took my Dad to have his blood pressure checked (OK), then a blood test for his kidney function, then finally for some new shoes. A certain well known high street store was singularly unhelpful (no they don't do half sizes, no they don't have shoe horns as people pinch them), so they went to a more traditional shoe shop and they were excellent with my Dad.

My Dad was so pleased with his shoes that he thanked my Mum (4 times) and insisted on wearing his new shoes to eat his lunch in. :)

Sun is definitely shining today.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
he thanked my Mum (4 times)

Gosh I know that so well - my lovely husband will thank me, and thank me, and thank me again - for something so simple and easy. How grateful I am not to have an aggressive person to deal with. I hope that does not upset those who do have this problem as it must be a nightmare to handle.

(Sorry to ramble - have had a hard day!!) Love Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHarris