Mental clinic to care home.What does this assessment mean? Totally confused

beebee7

Feb 13, 2015
Not applicable
Hi

On previous posts I have outlined Mum's situation. Taken from her home under Section 2, placed under DoL and is now stable and medications working for mild pychosis and sleeping difficulties (hallucinating).
Two weeks ago my brother attended a meeting and I have now got a copy of "Your assessment - Talking about your needs for care and support".
I have no idea what the following means, maybe somebody can help (I don't live in England and have to google practically everything or come on this wonderful Forum for assistance):-

"Support required for elegible outcomes not met through universal services

A sugggested amount per year within which to plan your care and support £ amount given

A suggested amount per week within dito £ amount given"

Even though Mum has property does this mean that LA will anyway contribute the amount given towards Mum's care home fees.
They are asking my brother to sign this form but neither of us understands what this implies and feel reluctant to sign until we do know.

Continuing Care, by the way, is not mentioned anywhere in this assessment, However,
under "Eligibility Statement" they write

"We have identified that you are unable to achieve two or more outcomes and these have a significant impact on your wellbeing and you are eligible for care and support services."

"Why we said this: You are eligible for care and support services as your mental health needs mean that you require assistance with many of your daily activities such as washing, dressing, accessing the local community and taking medication. As a result, you require support from others to meet your care needs."

Is this, after all, anything to do with CHC?

Why would they give us an amount if it isn't.

Thank you for your help.

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
Being Sunday, I wanted to give you a bump but won't be much use otherwise. Does your brother live in the UK? If so he needs to get a "translation" - I found the financial people most helpful as SWs often don't understand funding (around here, anyway).

It does look as though your Mum will be fully funded, but that funding could be withdrawn once her mental health stabilises. Difficult days ahead I fear so best of luck with it all and may you only encounter knowledgeable and efficient staff at all levels.

beebee7

Feb 13, 2015
Not applicable
Being Sunday, I wanted to give you a bump but won't be much use otherwise. Does your brother live in the UK? If so he needs to get a "translation" - I found the financial people most helpful as SWs often don't understand funding (around here, anyway).

It does look as though your Mum will be fully funded, but that funding could be withdrawn once her mental health stabilises. Difficult days ahead I fear so best of luck with it all and may you only encounter knowledgeable and efficient staff at all levels.

Hi Peggy

Thank you very much for replying. Yes, my brother does live in UK and he did ask what the wording meant but got no reply.

Have a good Sunday

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN