Bad language

yadit0

Mar 26, 2014
Leicestershire
Never in 62 years have I heard Mum use bad language, but over the last 2-3 evenings starting around 5pm she gets agitated, restless, sometimes angry and then the bad language starts, its this Sundowning?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
It will be frustration and some anger pethaps.

The swearing is very common, my husband never swore until he was around year 4 after diagnosis.

We all know the swear words but we know it is unacceptable to use them, but sadly as someone who has dementia looses the ability to hold that knowledge then when they are agitated, frustrated or angry then they swear, they see no wrong in doing so.

I never swore either until dementia came into our lives and there were times when privately, I would utter aloud a few of them, certainly made me feel better.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Mum has always used what she used to call the little swear words, but never the big genuinely insulting ones, at least not until Dementia. Now on occasions when she is angry or upset with me, oh my god, like a trooper!!!!

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Well I have dementia and thought frustration of not being able to find the words on not being able to say them I replace it with swearing real juicy words but I have always be a swearer anyway

underwood

Oct 9, 2015
Nottingham
Well I have dementia and thought frustration of not being able to find the words on not being able to say them I replace it with swearing real juicy words but I have always be a swearer anyway

I told my gran when she got into a muddle to say 'b*gg*r it' she did and instantly felt better in a naughty way. She has progressed to bl00dy, *** it, and when things get really bad **** She will only ever say it with me, and is so glad she can because it gets it off her chest.

She says its much more fun with hubby and I as she doesn't have to watch her P's and Q's and finds it much more relaxing.

You'll have to tell me your really juicy words Tony as I'm sure gran would love to try them out:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
I told my gran when she got into a muddle to say 'b*gg*r it' she did and instantly felt better in a naughty way. She has progressed to bl00dy, *** it, and when things get really bad **** She will only ever say it with me, and is so glad she can because it gets it off her chest.

She says its much more fun with hubby and I as she doesn't have to watch her P's and Q's and finds it much more relaxing.

You'll have to tell me your really juicy words Tony as I'm sure gran would love to try them out:)

Well underwood I think you will have to use your imagination sorry there's no way the T.P moderators would allow me to print them unfortunately for some people with dementia like me the brain has it al sorted but the connections break down and the words get lost prior to us saying them hence swearing