Wanting to Sleep all day

Chewy

Feb 4, 2013
Hi dads just getting over a chest infection and his sleep pattern has gone out the window. Trying to put him to bed of a night is awful it's virtually a fight and he won't sleep gets up and just sits on the edge of the bed all night , even when he occasionally does sleep a couple of hours he still wants to sleep during the day. I understand he us absolutely shattered but the sleeping during the day so much just another phase of the cruel illness. Any views or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry I can't be of much help. I just wanted to say that my husband often wants to sleep throughout the day. He's on his third lot of anti bio tics for a chest infection and this has made him sleepier than ever. I got him up around 11 today and he's sound asleep now in the chair in front of the TV. The difference with him is that he will sleep a lot during the night as well.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hi dads just getting over a chest infection and his sleep pattern has gone out the window. Trying to put him to bed of a night is awful it's virtually a fight and he won't sleep gets up and just sits on the edge of the bed all night , even when he occasionally does sleep a couple of hours he still wants to sleep during the day. I understand he us absolutely shattered but the sleeping during the day so much just another phase of the cruel illness. Any views or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I think my O H sometimes sleeps when she doesn't know what to do and is bored. Are there any activities you can try to keep him awake? My O H is resting now, so am I off and on. I will try to keep her busy in the evening until it is time to go to bed. We are working through our collection of vinyl so the record player will be out straight after tea. Just a thought or two that might help - I hope.:D

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
It could be the infection. Some nights I have the same problem with my mum, it seems that she would prefer to sleep sitting on the sofa and so for a while now I have been trying to make her bed more comfortable so she does not have to lay flat. Have had some success so I've ordered a bat wing pillow and she does have an electric blanket that I turn on for hour before she goes to bed, of course I turn it off when she is in bed.

Chewy

Feb 4, 2013
Ok thanks everyone for your kind comments will perceiver to resolve the problem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA