Carers mood swings

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
How strange that moods can change day to day.. Yesterday I had really had enough couldn't take anymore of not being able to leave dad alone so trapped in all the time, had enough of cleaning up poo had enough of the endless same questions.. Just wanted to walk through the door and not come back or alternatively swallow the contents of the medicine cupboard.. Today nothing has changed regarding the daily routine but I have sailed through it not batting an eyelid as I have cleaned poo from the floor and from the bottom of his slippers and all the other monotonous tasks
Had no more sleep last night than I usually do so can't put it down to that
It's strange how we feel we can't cope one day and then be fine the following day
Is it just me
Exhausted 2015 xx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Certainly not just you.

Sometimes remembering how despairing you felt yet you overcame it, is the very injection of stamina you need to continue.

You learn to recognise your weaknesses and appreciate your strength.

Always learning eh? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Confusing for sure, but yes I have days like that too. Yesterday for me, I just wanted to walk out the front door and leave mum with her dementia. today same dementia, just able to cope a little better with it all.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Confusing for sure, but yes I have days like that too. Yesterday for me, I just wanted to walk out the front door and leave mum with her dementia. today same dementia, just able to cope a little better with it all.

Exactly thank you for the support glad it's not just me that sounds selfish doesn't it xx

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
No def not just you!! And no way are any of us selfish doing what we do day in, day out without any time to ourselves. We are heroes!!!! Xxxxx

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Oh I didn't mean to make you cry!!! But we all are and deserve a pat on the back and be praised for what we do and achieve each and everyday in circumstances when so many would walk away and not care. We all should be a lot kinder to ourselves I reckon. Huge hugs to you. You are amazing. Xxxxxx

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
We all feel that we can't cope at times, and the problems of caring will never go away, on top of trying to help other family members and working full time. I regularly want to just walk out on my mum for ever after I've spent hours answering same the questions and cleaning up after her only for her to complain that I never do anything for her.
But we just keep going as best we can and hope that the next time is better than the last time.

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
OMG this is me

I've just spent today feeling so tearful - I quite understand the people that put their mum in respite and then refused to take her back - today I think I could have done it.

Yesterday I was just better and I don't know why. I think the Alzheimer's has gone down a level and has gotten worse, the abuse from my mum has just gone so bad. She's now been given lorazepam to help with this - when she's on one, she seems to hate me - and won't have it that she can't leave the house and go and live with her mum and dad - I'm just an evil *****.

Tomorrow I will be fine, I think I'm just tired, between my mum and work and the family - I think sometimes it's just too much.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I've just spent today feeling so tearful - I quite understand the people that put their mum in respite and then refused to take her back - today I think I could have done it.

Yesterday I was just better and I don't know why. I think the Alzheimer's has gone down a level and has gotten worse, the abuse from my mum has just gone so bad. She's now been given lorazepam to help with this - when she's on one, she seems to hate me - and won't have it that she can't leave the house and go and live with her mum and dad - I'm just an evil *****.

Tomorrow I will be fine, I think I'm just tired, between my mum and work and the family - I think sometimes it's just too much.

Thanks again everyone for your support. I really don't know what I would do without this site bless you xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej