where are you mam?

Jacquetta

Jan 30, 2015
Don't post much its too painful.Today my father told me last night my beautiful and clever and talented mother was looking for him in the garage and asking him where he was ...he of course was in the same room saying here I am don't worry...what a cruel cruel heartbreaking disease this is....my hope is someone somewhere will be able to find a cure and give hope to all those out there yet to go through this...virtual hugs to all...

Padraig

Dec 10, 2009
Hereford
My late wife was the same, but I learned to accept it. Over the whole 12/13 years of Alzheimer's I learned to understand in my own way. As the pages of time in her mind blew away I was no longer the man she married, he was a much younger person.
The changes are sometimes rapid and other times slow, often stop for a while, then take hold completely.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry Jacquetta. This is one of the hardest things to bear.

My mam doesn't know me now, but occasionally I see her looking at me with a certain look in her eyes and I know she's trying to place me. Sometimes she will call me 'pet' and last week she kissed me of her own accord. I treasure those moments.

Sianey

Mar 23, 2015
Yorkshire
Your mum

Don't post much its too painful.Today my father told me last night my beautiful and clever and talented mother was looking for him in the garage and asking him where he was ...he of course was in the same room saying here I am don't worry...what a cruel cruel heartbreaking disease this is....my hope is someone somewhere will be able to find a cure and give hope to all those out there yet to go through this...virtual hugs to all...

Hi Jacquetta,

It is very sad and stressful to go through, I can sympathise.

Before Mam went into a home I remember shouting her from her kitchen (she was in her conservatory) and so I could see her, I shouted 'Mam' and saw her lean down to a chair and say 'I'll just get her' as if she didn't know she was a Mam to anyone :(

Take care,

Sianey

Sianey

Mar 23, 2015
Yorkshire
I'm so sorry Jacquetta. This is one of the hardest things to bear.

My mam doesn't know me now, but occasionally I see her looking at me with a certain look in her eyes and I know she's trying to place me. Sometimes she will call me 'pet' and last week she kissed me of her own accord. I treasure those moments.
CollegeGirl I too have had the look as well, Mine doesn't know who I am now either and sometimes can't understand how a ponytail is on an eighty year old as Mam thinks I'm her sister and asks don't you curl your hair under like I do?

Sianey

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan