Incontinence

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Feel like screaming today. Mum came home from the day centre last week and the helper told me mum was refusing to go to the loo! All weekend ive tried to encourage her to go to the loo. I can ask or take her to the toilet 8 or 9 times an hour without any result and then next time shes wet!. We are waiting for the results of a urine test to see if she has another uti. This morning i was getting mum washed (after asking if she wanted to wee, no she didnt) as she stood there she wet herself, i sat her down to take her wet knickers off and they caught on her foot and flicked wee over my face!! Ugh, i cleaned her up and took her to the lounge and went to wash myself and sat on my bed and cried and cried! Not sure if i can cope with all this. Would the doctor be the best person to speak to initially about more help?

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Feel like screaming today. Mum came home from the day centre last week and the helper told me mum was refusing to go to the loo! All weekend ive tried to encourage her to go to the loo. I can ask or take her to the toilet 8 or 9 times an hour without any result and then next time shes wet!. We are waiting for the results of a urine test to see if she has another uti. This morning i was getting mum washed (after asking if she wanted to wee, no she didnt) as she stood there she wet herself, i sat her down to take her wet knickers off and they caught on her foot and flicked wee over my face!! Ugh, i cleaned her up and took her to the lounge and went to wash myself and sat on my bed and cried and cried! Not sure if i can cope with all this. Would the doctor be the best person to speak to initially about more help?

I had the very same problem with my mum a few months ago, I made an appointment with surgery nurse, who put me in contact with Incontinence team and all they could offer were pads, absolutely would not wear these. In the end I turned to disposable pull ups, still took mum to toilet every few hours. It was a struggle to get her to wear disposables. Eventually it worked and she is now back to wearing normal knickers during the day and willing to go to the toilet when I ask and I use a pad that looks like an old fashioned sanitary towel, strangely she seems happy to wear these. The fact that I call it a sanitary towel makes sense to her and so sometimes if she says no to the toilet, I tell her we have to change her pad. My problem now is night time incontinence.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
p.s

while your mum is on toilet put a little pressure on her lower tummy, it worked for mum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife