Watch out UK - here I come!!!!

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Now that Lex is 'reasonably' settled in his care facility, I have answered all the requests from family in Yorkshire to come and visit. I have decided to come next June whilst it is winter here and HOPEFULLY a nice summer over there. I am going to have a few days in London first to go and see all the things Lex didn't want to see when we were there 5 years ago (easier to stay away than have the inevitable 'words'), and to visit my home town again.
The care home staff tell me that he won't be concerned if I am not there for a few weeks, as his comprehension of time is not good.
Planning is still in the early stages, but I am really looking forward to it:):):)

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So glad you are able to get away and visit your family and do the things you want to do. Have fun with the planning!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Great news .
I hope you are able to join us at Launde Abbey , it's near Oakham .
It's soooooo relaxing there and right in the middle of some beautiful countryside. Food ain't arf bad either ( London speak, means good)
The companionship of fellow TPers is extra special.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Great news .
I hope you are able to join us at Launde Abbey , it's near Oakham .
It's soooooo relaxing there and right in the middle of some beautiful countryside. Food ain't arf bad either ( London speak, means good)
The companionship of fellow TPers is extra special.

London speak. I love it :D I was born there.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
June...long days and short nights......and if this year is to go by.... glorious weather too!!
Enjoy the planning....i love that part nearly as much as the travel itself.:D

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
London speak. I love it :D I was born there.

I was born in the UK too. I came here to NZ with Mum and Dad when I was 9. I lived in Norbury, which is near Croydon SW16. I will be going there too.

Not looking good for Launde Abbey, as when I checked the dates I will be at a family "do" at that time :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson