So, here we are.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
So

You have washed everything

Are you trying to wash that email away?

These type of things, hateful emails. The ones with evil words, are beyond hideous

But they can't damage you. They are only words.

Sticks and stones may hurt me, but words never will.... so the saying goes.... I think....

But they will, and they do....

only if you let them

My thoughts

Stand still

Then

Take a Big physical step back.

Then

Print off email and take it to the police tomorrow or Monday or first opportunity when ever the place is open

That's the way to wash it out of your system

It and them and the situation is out of your hands

If police do anything or nothing it's not your problem

Nor is this person who sent the email

If you think about it, in the great scheme of things you have had to deal with, doing this, getting rid of email and person who sent it.... this one is so easy to deal with.....

Yeah yeah, I know....

Easy typed, hard to do

Squishy hug xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thanks 2Jays. I've decided to wait and see if I hear from them again. Unfortunately all their previous correspondence was destroyed, and I guess one letter doesn't make "harrassment". And I realised last night that I don't have to be fearful of the phone ringing in the middle of the night - I unplugged it!:D And will be unplugging it a lot from now on. Anyone who knows me has both my mobile numbers.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Good advice. Didn't realise he had your phone no. too. Think the tel companies can trace and report abusive calls if it happens again. What an ugly mind he must have and how sick to get pleasure in doIng this. Hope the memory fades soon and you get no more. Love William's picture. Another beautiful memory. xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Oh Lady A just been reading your post what a nasty man I am so sorry that he is upsetting you so much you did the right thing switching off your phone I would go to the police if there is any more harassment you deserve peace just now sending you hugs xxx love Williams painting

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Good advice. Didn't realise he had your phone no. too. Think the tel companies can trace and report abusive calls if it happens again. What an ugly mind he must have and how sick to get pleasure in doIng this. Hope the memory fades soon and you get no more. Love William's picture. Another beautiful memory. xx

Oh, I know who he is! He signed his letter - he spent years persecuting William, who unfortunately didn't keep any of his correspondence. It's from overseas though, so not sure the telephone co. could trace the number - but as I do know who he is, that wouldn't be necessary.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Oh, I know who he is! He signed his letter - he spent years persecuting William, who unfortunately didn't keep any of his correspondence. It's from overseas though, so not sure the telephone co. could trace the number - but as I do know who he is, that wouldn't be necessary.

Hope this nasty man will leave you alone soon. You don't deserve any of this. Been tending my vegetable plot this morning. It's only very small but it's fun on a nice day. Might increase my potential yield next year by digging up some of the lawn, if I get planning permission from Maureen.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well, I was quite mortified in church this morning! There are a number of African ladies in our church, some come with families and some alone. One was sitting in front of me and I was admiring her dress! Full length black chiffon with white flowers. After church, I was getting coffee in the back and talking to someone - when the lady in question came over a little shyly, put her arm around me and said "I am so sorry about William. You must miss him so much. We all were so fond of him. " :-o
I must have been looking totally blank, because she laughed and said - " it's the uniform! You don't know me with no uniform! It's Rose! From the nursing home! " Rose is one of the cleaners - almost every day she would be cleaning the corridor and hallway outside William's room and i would stop for a chat. But she often works weekends, so I just hadn't come across her in church before. Small world, eh?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well, I was quite mortified in church this morning! There are a number of African ladies in our church, some come with families and some alone. One was sitting in front of me and I was admiring her dress! Full length black chiffon with white flowers. After church, I was getting coffee in the back and talking to someone - when the lady in question came over a little shyly, put her arm around me and said "I am so sorry about William. You must miss him so much. We all were so fond of him. " :-o
I must have been looking totally blank, because she laughed and said - " it's the uniform! You don't know me with no uniform! It's Rose! From the nursing home! " Rose is one of the cleaners - almost every day she would be cleaning the corridor and hallway outside William's room and i would stop for a chat. But she often works weekends, so I just hadn't come across her in church before. Small world, eh?

What a lovely comment for her to make to you. Every time anyone says something nice about John, my heart sings - and then breaks.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
It's recognising people out of context isn't it. I find the same thing and really have to search my brain when I see a familiar face that I can't quite place. If you see what I mean. Talking of caring. One of Fred's fellow residents passed on quite quietly in her chair after Sunday lunch last week. What a lovely way to go. The thing is that she had absolutely nobody left and so the State will arrange for a simple cremation which is probably not good as she is RC. The staff are mourning her deeply as she was well loved and as many as possible are planning to attend. As she will have no wreaths, etc, they are all planning small floral tributes to ensure that she has a 'proper' send off by people who care about her. How lovely.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It's recognising people out of context isn't it. I find the same thing and really have to search my brain when I see a familiar face that I can't quite place. If you see what I mean. Talking of caring. One of Fred's fellow residents passed on quite quietly in her chair after Sunday lunch last week. What a lovely way to go. The thing is that she had absolutely nobody left and so the State will arrange for a simple cremation which is probably not good as she is RC. The staff are mourning her deeply as she was well loved and as many as possible are planning to attend. As she will have no wreaths, etc, they are all planning small floral tributes to ensure that she has a 'proper' send off by people who care about her. How lovely.

Thanks for posting this truth24. Because we so often read heart-rending accounts of people's deaths on TP it's easy to forget that some people who have lived with dementia do die peacefully.

Very sad that she had no-one left and so good to read of the staff response.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
That is nice. It must be so sad to outlive all your family and friends.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Mum's home got a new receptionist/administrator about 12 months before she died. I met the ex in the supermarket last week and as we were queuing at the check out she asked about Mum....Poor soul was very upset when I said that Mum died in February. She still works for the same company, but as a training co-ordinator now. It's nice to know that, even though the rooms don't stay vacant for long, your loved ones are not forgotten.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm so cold today I've had to put the heating on for a couple of hours tonight!

I have treated myself to a bit of escapism. We need to escape now and then, don't we?! I bought a complete box set of To the Manor Born. About to settle down now for a while and have a relax. Going to do the washing up first though!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I'm so cold today I've had to put the heating on for a couple of hours tonight!

I have treated myself to a bit of escapism. We need to escape now and then, don't we?! I bought a complete box set of To the Manor Born. About to settle down now for a while and have a relax. Going to do the washing up first though!

Heating on here too. Just watched three episodes of Open All Hours on YYYYYYouTube.
Enjoy Penelope etc:D:D:D:D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ta-daa! :-D
Feelings of achievement!
I have today spent the morning taking mum shopping and steering her around the shops (I find her getting more vague these days when she goes shopping - can't find things in the supermarket she's been going to for 40 years, inclined to leave her debit card in the machine etc). Then after lunch I mowed back and front lawns! Only the large lawn out behind the hedge to do tomorrow. And start strimming maybe.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Well done you. Mowed my lawns too this p.m but I think they are very much smaller than yours. Cut back a lot of brambles so things look a bit tidier but I know they are there waiting to shoot again

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Ta-daa! :-D
Feelings of achievement!
I have today spent the morning taking mum shopping and steering her around the shops (I find her getting more vague these days when she goes shopping - can't find things in the supermarket she's been going to for 40 years, inclined to leave her debit card in the machine etc). Then after lunch I mowed back and front lawns! Only the large lawn out behind the hedge to do tomorrow. And start strimming maybe.

What a busy woman you are LadyA. Sounds as if you could do with some help with that lot.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
What a busy woman you are LadyA. Sounds as if you could do with some help with that lot.

Darn tootin' I could! I had made great strides with my big flowerbed early in the Summer - it has now disappeared again! So I may bite the bullet and hire in some help to resurrect it, and then cover it with thick mulch. I think if I got it done once, I might be able to keep on top of it from here on out.

The strimming though. That does defeat me. I get so exhausted just trying to start the strimmer! And the vibrations in the thing just about cripple my shoulders and back. So about 20 minutes is my limit - you don't get a lot done in 20 minutes. I'm thinking of investing in a lighter, cordless (rechargeable battery type) one just to do around the lawns, and then just use the heavy petrol one for the heavy duty stuff. Cos I use mum's electric strimmer with no problem - it's great! I fly around her garden with that, no problem. It's so light, and no horrible vibration shaking you to bits! But an electric one like that wouldn't last long if I used it for everything!

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
We have both Lady A , huge petrol for the rough stuff and a cordless one for simple stuff, treat yourself ! Anything to make a job easier helps in the long run..even if it is getting some help in xx