incontinence pants

blueboy

Feb 21, 2015
I have posted a few times about Mum who is now incontinent of urine and quite often faeces. I live in Scotland where personal care is 'free' but the incontinence service will only supply pads which Mum removes or nappy type pants which she also removes! The only things which have been successful are pull ups which I have been buying myself. The incontinence service have offered unisex washable pull ups which might be OK during the day - but will only give a max of 4 pairs - Mum goes through 4 pairs in a day! I am not too keen on using washable pull ups either as i will have to wash them and she frequently soils them making them badly stained. For night time I will still have to buy pull ups as the washable ones only hold a max of 500mls - she has been wearing pull ups which hold 2 litres at night. I know I am lucky that we get so much provided in Scotland and am grateful but wondered how everyone else copes with this level of incontinence.

blueboy

Feb 21, 2015
I'm Dundee too, Izzy. Don't think we have tried that kind yet - it was just that the pull ups really seem to work with Mum! No wet beds since she has been wearing them.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
We get pull ups provided but only a low absorbency and two a day - nowhere near good enough. I've been in a battle with the Continence Service forever about this. I'm buying the rest in a higher absorbency myself - they are expensive but needs must.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm Dundee too, Izzy. Don't think we have tried that kind yet - it was just that the pull ups really seem to work with Mum! No wet beds since she has been wearing them.

I battled with the service to get them to give us pull ups. As it turned out Bill's needs changed. I would keep up with the battle. Good luck!!

blueboy

Feb 21, 2015
I will try battling but will probably end up buying them myself - if only to cut down on the mountains of washing and constant smell of urine in Mum's house!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I will try battling but will probably end up buying them myself - if only to cut down on the mountains of washing and constant smell of urine in Mum's house!

Even with those we do get I end up buying extra as the allocation isn't enough. Hey ho!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet