New To Talking-point :)

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Pamann Thank You For Telling Me What Was Wrong. I Dident Realise It Could Run In Family's. You've Been A Carer All You Life With You Mum And Now Husband. Hope Your Doing Okay.

Shaunna Sky.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
New to talking point.

Hello Everyone Iv Just Signed Up To Talking-point. Im 24 Years Old And Care For My Mum Who Has Mixed Dementia, Vascular And Lewy Body Dementia With Parkinsons Symptoms. My Mum Suggested I Join Talking-point As She Goes On Here Every Now And Again. She's Had A Lot Of Help And Support From People On Here :). I Was Wondering If There's Anyone Who Would Like To Chat :)

Shaunna :)

Hello Shauna. Sorry to hear about your mum. Dementia in any form is a very sad and difficult illness to deal with. I hope you have been in touch with the Alzheimers people who will help you with all sorts of things. There are people to point you in the right direction so that you might be able to get help. I left it to late to get my husband to day care once a week and then two places couldn't keep him because all he wanted was me and would not settle down and the people at the day care places said he was too disruptive. They did give it a good try but it was not to be. So now I struggle to leave him even with family or friends. We go to singing for the brain which I highly recommend if there is one in your area. There are also Coffee cafes and clubs mostly run by Alzheimers as far as I can tell. Try to get your mum used to being with other people to look after her so that you don't end up in my situation. Good luckxx

moonlightmaggie

Aug 12, 2015
new to talking point my OH has Lewy body

hi my partner has Lewy body with Parkinson symptoms and also myloma...he is 73 years old..I am 52 been together 16 years..i have cared for him throughout.in the last 18 months we noticed things weren't right and I pushed for diagnosis..this year in January they diagnosed him..he has had continual various infections..10 days ago he got an infection they treated it but sent his lewy to another world..he attacked me and then attacked two security guards.he is now in hospital psychiatric under a section2...I could sustain an African village with the amount of tears I have shed recenytly

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
hi my partner has Lewy body with Parkinson symptoms and also myloma...he is 73 years old..I am 52 been together 16 years..i have cared for him throughout.in the last 18 months we noticed things weren't right and I pushed for diagnosis..this year in January they diagnosed him..he has had continual various infections..10 days ago he got an infection they treated it but sent his lewy to another world..he attacked me and then attacked two security guards.he is now in hospital psychiatric under a section2...I could sustain an African village with the amount of tears I have shed recenytly

Maggie, that's a sad and unhappy story you bring to us. Do you have any support for yourself, other than popping on here?

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Casbow Alzhimers Is Helping Quite Alot. Sorry To Hear That Husband Won't Stay With Anyone Else. That Must Be Very Hard For You. Make Sure You Try And Get Time To Your Self. Thank You For Messaging x.

Shaunna Sky x.

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello Moonlightmaggie I'm So Sorry To Hear About Your Partner. Are You Getting Any Help From Family And Friends? x Please Feel Friend To Message When Every You Want I Will Always Reply. My Mum Had A Fall A Few Nights Ago And She Was So Upset And A Bit Confused So I Went And Sat With Her In The Front Room And We Chatted For A Bit And She Went Back To Bed. She Brusied Her Arm. She's Feeling Better Now. Thank You For Commenting. x.

Shaunna Sky.