No ones sleeping

Magsmul

Jul 28, 2015
My 86 year old mother has not slept for 40 hours. Between my 3 brothers and myself we have been sharing her care, and also working. We have managed not to leave her alone at any point but we are at breaking point.
She was prescribed Lorazepam 12 days ago but now we think it has made her symptoms worse. She is sitting at the edge of her bed frightened and confused, and I am at my wits end

Magsmul

Jul 28, 2015
Contact the GP first thing. You cannot carry on like this or you'll make yourselves ill.

That's exactly what I'm going to do this morning. I'm beyond tired. She managed to fall asleep at 3.30 am.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
My 86 year old mother has not slept for 40 hours. Between my 3 brothers and myself we have been sharing her care, and also working. We have managed not to leave her alone at any point but we are at breaking point.
She was prescribed Lorazepam 12 days ago but now we think it has made her symptoms worse. She is sitting at the edge of her bed frightened and confused, and I am at my wits end

After a short while, this is what Lorazepam did to my mum, although it eased some of her anxiety, and helped her fall asleep, but not for long and when she woke she was so confused and seemed to increase the dementia symptoms. When prescribed the gp said to use only if necessary and not too often. Back in March all mums medication was reviewed and things improved, although the night time wandering is creeping back, but we have had 6 months peaceful nights. Good idea to talk to gp.