respite care

bagee

Jun 2, 2015
Where can i find information on this. I,m really struggling and family live hundreds of miles away and all work full time. I don,t think mums medication is right as it certainly doesn,t calm her. She is so agitated, once the anti christ takes over it takes hours to calm her. I,m worried about her heart giving out the way things are going. Hence the post at this time!!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Bagee
It does very much depend on where you live, so if you're OK doing it what health authority or county are you in (don't answer if you don't want to) we don't need your postcode or street name just to know who is the Local Authority. What's available to me in Salford isn't necessarily available to you, it may be better, it may be worse.
K

bagee

Jun 2, 2015
respite

Hi Bagee
It does very much depend on where you live, so if you're OK doing it what health authority or county are you in (don't answer if you don't want to) we don't need your postcode or street name just to know who is the Local Authority. What's available to me in Salford isn't necessarily available to you, it may be better, it may be worse.
K

Hi K. Nottingham, although at times I feel as if I,m on Mars. Still waiting on carers assessment, meanwhile the Alzhiemers is advancing with such pace. She has had throat infection but been treated with antibiotics. Doc says early stages...... Told them to live my life for a week. There has to be medication to help keep her calm. I just know if I don,t get a break I won,t be any good to her. Thanks for reply.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi K. Nottingham, although at times I feel as if I,m on Mars. Still waiting on carers assessment, meanwhile the Alzhiemers is advancing with such pace. She has had throat infection but been treated with antibiotics. Doc says early stages...... Told them to live my life for a week. There has to be medication to help keep her calm. I just know if I don,t get a break I won,t be any good to her. Thanks for reply.

OK try them
http://www.nottinghamshirehealthcar...ices/mental-health-services-for-older-people/
or e-mail him
Simon Smith
Executive Director: Local Services
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Duncan Macmillan House
Porchester Road
Nottingham NG3 6AA

Telephone: 0115 9691300
Email: simon.smith@nottshc.nhs.uk
K
or try here
Nottingham Admiral Nurse
Clifton Cornerstone, South Church Drive, Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 8EW // 0300 300 3333, option 5 // Covers Nottingham City

Last edited:

doobedoo

Dec 4, 2014
Lincolnshire
Where can i find information on this. I,m really struggling and family live hundreds of miles away and all work full time. I don,t think mums medication is right as it certainly doesn,t calm her. She is so agitated, once the anti christ takes over it takes hours to calm her. I,m worried about her heart giving out the way things are going. Hence the post at this time!!

I managed to get respite care from Social Services, hadn't had any contact with them before I went into total freefall with hubby's behaviour and finally admitted to the mental health nurse I wasn't coping at all. Social Services stepped in and agreed to putting him in respite, which worked out really well for both of us. I think we both needed the break. Just wish you well it's very hard some days.