Mum is at peace

sheilarees53

Apr 11, 2006
Beckenham Kent
Mum died peacefully at 12.30 today. I am so sad I have lost my mum but in some ways glad that she is suffering no more. I have been mourning her for a long time but it was still a big shock when I received the phone call that she had gone.

One of my brothers and I went to say goodbye to her this afternoon. She looked peaceful.

Thank you to everyone who left kind words after my post last night. I wish you all well in the future.
Love Sheila x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Sheila, I feel so sorry. Not for your mother, her struggle is over. Just for you. Please accept my deepest sympathies and don`t leave TP just yet. It will be here for you if ever you need it.
Take care xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear your news but understand how glad you are she is no longer suffering. A lot of the grieving starts too early in this terrible illness but it is still hard when the end finally comes.

It is good that you saw her looking peaceful when you went to say goodbye this afternoon.

Look after yourself now. Best wishes Jan

SusanB

Jan 15, 2008
Hove
Sorry to hear your news

Sheila,

What sad news, I do hope that you are OK. You're right - your Mum is now at peace and is not suffering any more. I hope that you will cherish lots of happy memories of her and that your grief will ease in time.
What an excellent idea TP is and I'm glad that you feel that you can share such raw news with the Forum.
Susan

robinneff

Jan 11, 2008
pittsburgh pa
Mum died peacefully at 12.30 today. I am so sad I have lost my mum but in some ways glad that she is suffering no more. I have been mourning her for a long time but it was still a big shock when I received the phone call that she had gone.

One of my brothers and I went to say goodbye to her this afternoon. She looked peaceful.

Thank you to everyone who left kind words after my post last night. I wish you all well in the future.
Love Sheila x
I'm so sorry about your mum...i think my mother may have alzheimers, but she has not been diagnosed yet. we started her on aricept, but see no change really yet. she is 71 yrs old, and i am dying inside for her....Robin

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sheila, I'm so sorry tht you've lost your mum, but pleased that her suffering is over. I'm glad that in the end it was peaceful, and you can take comfort in that.

Take care of yourself now, and give yourself time to grieve. Talk to us whenever you feel you want to, we're still here for you.

Love,

Doreen99

Jan 12, 2008
Sheffield
Dear Sheila

I'm glad it was peaceful for your mum. I know how much of a shock it is when someone dies, even though you've been expecting it for some time and think you're prepared for it, you never are.

You're probably on auto-pilot at the moment, because it's so recent. The grieving process can be so difficult, especially when the guilt and anger kick in, so please post again if you feel the need for some support to get you through it.

My sympathy to you and your family.

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Sheila,
Sending you my Heartfelt Sympathy, it is just so sad and I am so sorry for you all. No more suffering for your Mum, but I know you are, so take care of yourself...
Lots of Love and Hugs,

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Dear Sheila

MY thoughts are with you at this sad time. I am so glad for you all that the end was peaceful when it came. Although this is a time of great sadness it is also a new beginning.

Thinking of you at this sad time. May your memories be good ones.

Love

Mameeskye

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Sheila,
I am so glad that your mother passed peacefully. I hope that this brings you some measure of comfort. My sympathies to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and keep in touch with us when you feel ready.

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Dear Sheila,
So sorry to hear your sad news about your mum. It is nice to know, though, that she passed peacefully and obviously knew how truly loved she was. Thinking of you and and your family. Take care.
Snooky x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Sheila,
I am so sorry for you. No matter how old we are, losing a beloved parent is one of the most difficult things in our lives. Take comfort from knowing she went peacefully and that you were always there for her. Thinking of you.

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Sheila

Im sorry to hear of the passing of your mother, however I'm glad it was a peacefull end for her. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Take Care
Clare

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Sheila,

Your mum is at peace now and free from all her suffering.

Deepest Sympathy
Take Care,
Love Taffy.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Sheila

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum but pleased she had a peaceful end.

Sending love and sympathy to you and all your family, look after yourself.

Linda x

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Hi Sheila.

Sending you my condolences for the loss of your poor mom.
Her suffering is over, but a sad loss for you to bear.

Take care of yourself, Janet.