Hello everyone

jem80s

Jul 22, 2015
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to you all.

My 86 year old mum was diagnosed two weeks ago with Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. She is just about to start taking tablets and on the waiting list for two group courses. Mum is forgetful especially with names and numbers and just stopping in mid sentence and her balance is getting a bit of a worry but she still gets on the bus to visit her friend and do a bit of gardening.

I've been a bit of a lurker with this group over the past few days but thought I'd bite the bullet and join in :) I can already see that you're going to be a bit of a lifeline for me in the future so thank you in advance xx

mrs mcgonnagal

May 9, 2015
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to you all.

My 86 year old mum was diagnosed two weeks ago with Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. She is just about to start taking tablets and on the waiting list for two group courses. Mum is forgetful especially with names and numbers and just stopping in mid sentence and her balance is getting a bit of a worry but she still gets on the bus to visit her friend and do a bit of gardening.

I've been a bit of a lurker with this group over the past few days but thought I'd bite the bullet and join in :) I can already see that you're going to be a bit of a lifeline for me in the future so thank you in advance xx

Hello,
I lurk and occasionally post too, but most of all the information from everyone's experience is invaluable. You don't feel like you are so on your own. It will be a lifeline, best wishes x

jem80s

Jul 22, 2015
Hello,
I lurk and occasionally post too, but most of all the information from everyone's experience is invaluable. You don't feel like you are so on your own. It will be a lifeline, best wishes x

Thank you mrs mcgonnagal - I really appreciate it xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Jem, hello and welcome to TP. I'm very sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis; this must be a difficult time for you.

I am fairly new here myself but you are quite right, it's a lifeline. There's a huge amount of information and advice available here. You might like to have a read through older threads, or do a search, or just post whatever comes to mind. I have learnt so much here, I cannot even begin to tell you. I hope you'll find some help here also.

meganfarn

Sep 14, 2015
south wales
Hello all Mam just diagnosed

Hi,
First time to post, I have also been lurking before having the courage to join , so basically
I feel comforted that your stories, concerns and fears are mirrored in my own life and I hope that a lot of reasurrence will be gained knowing I am not alone after all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet