It's done

Ppod

Nov 3, 2010
My lovely cantankerous generous dad died on Monday at 4:45am. After being there for 5 days he waited until I had gone home to leave me. I feel sad, lost, bereaved. I feel happy Dad's suffering is over, guilty I didn't do more and exhausted. I loved my dad - he was my worst critic and best ally - a true friend. And I miss him

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
My lovely cantankerous generous dad died on Monday at 4:45am. After being there for 5 days he waited until I had gone home to leave me. I feel sad, lost, bereaved. I feel happy Dad's suffering is over, guilty I didn't do more and exhausted. I loved my dad - he was my worst critic and best ally - a true friend. And I miss him

My condolences for your loss but your right his suffering is over don't feel guilty and let yourself grieve sending you hugs xx

Lovleemummy

Jun 13, 2013
Stoke-on-Trent

May your dad rest in peace. I also lost my dear mother-in-law on Monday.

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015

Hugs to you x

hisstessa2

Feb 19, 2015
USA

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in April. But I am happy she is in a better place not suffering. I grieve daily. Sometimes worse, but getting better. Hugs to yourself!

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Ppod - so very sorry for the loss of your dear Dad.

Lovleemummy - condolences on the loss of your mother-in-law.

Wishing you both strength at this sad time. Take care.

katie1

Aug 5, 2014
Kendal Cumbria
My condolances to you both, I lost my Dad on the 19th June its very early days and I empathise with the feeling of loss and emptiness. But life does and will go on, they tell me things will gradually improve with time and that is probably true.
We must just take each day as it comes, little steps at a time. Take Care of yourselves and remember those lovely feelings of love and happy memories that no one will ever take away.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I love your description of him as your 'worst critic and best ally'. What every dad should be :). I'm sure you'll miss him terribly as it sounds like you had a great relationship with him - my thoughts are with you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976