Feeling Heartbroken

magic800

Dec 11, 2014
My aunt has spent just one week in a care home, Monday morning I had the phone call to say that she had passed away in her sleep. I am grateful that she had such wonderful care for the last week of her life but I wasn't expecting it to happen just yet. I never got the chance to take in her personal belongings. I visited Friday and left her sitting in front of the tv, we had had a lovely visit sitting in the garden so she could have a cigarette. I had planned to visit again after work on Monday to take in some photographs. Now I have to empty her home and make all the arrangements it doesn't feel real.

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
My aunt has spent just one week in a care home, Monday morning I had the phone call to say that she had passed away in her sleep. I am grateful that she had such wonderful care for the last week of her life but I wasn't expecting it to happen just yet. I never got the chance to take in her personal belongings. I visited Friday and left her sitting in front of the tv, we had had a lovely visit sitting in the garden so she could have a cigarette. I had planned to visit again after work on Monday to take in some photographs. Now I have to empty her home and make all the arrangements it doesn't feel real.

Sorry you have had such a shock, but what a lovely way for her to go. I hope you find strength to do all the practical things that need to be done immediately. Take care of yourself while sorting all of this out. Will be thinking of you.

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
Hi Magic800, so sorry to hear of the sudden passing of your Aunt, but she went knowing that she was loved by you and that's worth more than any personal belongings. Her time spent with you was good time; sitting in the garden, watching TV, etc. Sadly, you were not ready to see your Aunt go, but your Aunt was ready. It's always heartbreaking for the people left behind but your Aunt has had a release, happy in the knowledge that she was loved. Nothing else really matters. You did your best by her. Celebrate her life and cherish those times. My thoughts are with you. D x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Please accept my condolences. Your Aunt sounds as though she was ready to go-but I'm sorry that it has been such a shock for you. I hope in time the good memories will come flooding back

Love

Lyn T XX

magic800

Dec 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments, I know that she is no longer in pain and re united with the family members she kept searching for in her final weeks. I agree with you all I think she felt safe and ready to leave us and I am so grateful for that she slipped away in her sleep. Funeral is on Wednesday just need to get through the day.