Application for COP

Nearthesea

Jun 13, 2015
Hi all

I am in the process of completing the documentation for the application however I am unclear as to the following and would be grateful of any advice.

I know the court fee is £400 for the application. Does that remain the same no matter how many people apply to be deputies i.e myself and 3 siblings or do we have to pay £400 each?

Many thanks :)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
The Cost is per application, not per person. If the person you want deputyship for is on less than £12,000 a year, the cost reduces to half, or none if they are on certain benefits. In any case, you are allowed to reimburse yourself the money once deputyship is granted.

Nearthesea

Jun 13, 2015
Thanks Beate

The Cost is per application, not per person. If the person you want deputyship for is on less than £12,000 a year, the cost reduces to half, or none if they are on certain benefits. In any case, you are allowed to reimburse yourself the money once deputyship is granted.

Oh what a relief that is........

Thank you so much I feel better already :)

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The £400 is simply for the court hearing so that the court can decide that a deputy/deputies is needed and who it will be. It doesnt matter how many deputies there are.

stuart642

Jun 23, 2015

Hi

the courts advised me that despite my earning being below £12,000 as my relative had sufficient capital the £400.00 fee was still payable. As mentioned they advised that this could be re claimed from his account. Good job I had a contingency fund!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Hi

the courts advised me that despite my earning being below £12,000 as my relative had sufficient capital the £400.00 fee was still payable. As mentioned they advised that this could be re claimed from his account. Good job I had a contingency fund!

If you read my reply carefully you will find that I did say the person the deputyship is for needs to have under £12,000 a year earnings not you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R