Feeling so exhausted

BethRebecca

Jan 6, 2013
Somerset
Hi I'm Beth, haven't been on the forum for a while. My husband Michael has frontal lobe dementia. It is gradually worsening. We have only been together 12 years and for most of that time he has been ill. I suffer from depression and chronic fatigue and so finding it hard to manage. House looks a tip. My doctor says I should be thinking of full time care but then social services say not because he can wash and dress himself. Don't know where to turn sometimes and just feel so guilty.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don`t know where Social Services get their criteria from. Your husband may be able to wash and dress himself but; is he dependent on you for his safety? do you have any free time for yourself ? do you get a decent night`s sleep? does he share responsibilities? would you be able to depend on him if you were taken ill?

If the doctor recommends residential care who is the social worker to dispute this advice? Not a carer, thats for sure.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
If the doctor recommends residential care who is the social worker to dispute this advice? Not a carer, thats for sure.

Least of all a social worker...

I'm sorry you are finding that you need to battle and shout for what is right for you both. xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point