So many of us in the same boat

Bassetlaw Badge

Oct 30, 2012
Hi all,

Yet another day/weekend/week dominated by an illness I don't have myself and I came on here to have a vent. But so many of us seem to be in the same place! There should be a little button on here like on Facebook that says 'I hear ya!'.

Although I understand (or don't understand as the case may be) the complexities of this condition and I'm not expecting some miracle 'cure', doesn't it astound you that in this day and age there is literally nothing anyone can do and no one to help?

All these people who do what they do out of love and it's heartbreaking. :(

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
In the dark moments I imagine being a carer like a long walk in the darkness. I can see figures beside me, in front of me and behind me. I dont know these people but just knowing that I am not alone gives me the strength to continue.

This journey will end some day but I wont be the same person I was when we started. I will be older, worn and wise in a way I never wanted to be. But I know that holding the hand of the person I love and walking was all I could do. For me, not walking with them was NEVER an option. So I keep walking fueled by love and the memories of the past. Im glad I can only see a little way ahead. I only focus on the next few steps. Eventually we will get to the light and we will say goodbye.

Im feeling so strange tonight, and no, alcohol is not involved. I feel so melancholy. Too much time to think today. To all you TPers out there keep walking and stay strong. We need each other so much. Thanks for being there.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hi all,

Yet another day/weekend/week dominated by an illness I don't have myself and I came on here to have a vent. But so many of us seem to be in the same place! There should be a little button on here like on Facebook that says 'I hear ya!'.

Rule 1) Stop thinking others on TP have it worse than you

Rule 2) remember everyone who is a part of TP has it hard.

Rule 3) remember someone's easy.... Is another someone's hard

Rule 4) always vent on TP when you need to vent ..... cos holding it in ain't good and you never know, by venting you are helping another who needs to vent too

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Bassetlaw Badge

Oct 30, 2012
'like'

You are all amazing - all praise be to TP - for without it I wouldn't have anyone to talk to about it.

The first rule about dementia - you don't talk about dementia.

Thank you all for being there......

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
The first rule about dementia - you don't talk about dementia.

The first rule about dementia you don't talk about dementia???

Not on here

ALWAYS talk. Someone will know/understand/been there/may have an answer....but will always have loads of support for your situation

Doesn't matter what the subject is regarding dementia... Be it constipation and it feels like you've been given the Crown Jewels once "they've gone" or even more personal issues like... "He/she wants sex but I'm uncomfortable about it"

It's good to talk xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
Like yes we are in this together

Don't ever be afraid to discuss anything - the first time I came here I vented about how I wished my Mum had cancer instead of Alzheimer's - there would have been nowhere else that would have understood why I say something so awful.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi all,

Although I understand (or don't understand as the case may be) the complexities of this condition and I'm not expecting some miracle 'cure', doesn't it astound you that in this day and age there is literally nothing anyone can do and no one to help?

All these people who do what they do out of love and it's heartbreaking. :(
How I agree I think only on TP can I truly be honest about how I feel.and not be judged as we are all in the same position one way or the other xx

Sad Misty

Jun 8, 2015
Although it defenetly can be tough the only thing we can do is try to be Strong fore our close person /family member etc..... dear i know its not easy but this is the best way we can help them by letting them know we do care and we will be here as best we can al the way

Last edited: