Update on Chris

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Chris is in assessment unit where he is having 1-1 nursing went to visit today really didn't know who I was but knew he recognized me from somewhere still agitated and pacing looking for food it was heartbreaking but at least I know he is safe and being cared for
Thanks everyone for your support

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
stay strong nannylondon, he will probably calm down in a couple of days, Phil did, its good he recognises that he knows you, he is safe and secure, take the chance to recharge your batteries, you will find it much easier to cope if you are rested, trust me been there. Take care xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
stay strong nannylondon, he will probably calm down in a couple of days, Phil did, its good he recognises that he knows you, he is safe and secure, take the chance to recharge your batteries, you will find it much easier to cope if you are rested, trust me been there. Take care xxx

Another one who has been there )Pete sectioned 5 times). Pete couldn't have received better treatment anywhere. Try not to worry too much

Love,

Lyn T XX

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Thanks Mabbs

Thanks for support and advice Mabbs you have been a great help hope your Phil is doing ok Nannylondon x

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Chris isn't coming home

Hi update on Chris he won't be coming home he is still in assessment unit and waiting for a bed on dementia unit as assessment unit is not just for dementia patients spoke to his consultant today she said he wouldn't be manageable at home having formal meeting on Tuesday she has taken him off aricept but is keeping him on memantine and oh I have forgotten the name of tranquilizer he did seem a bit calmer still trying to get my head round things feel so sad keep crying for him it is so lonely in the house

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi update on Chris he won't be coming home he is still in assessment unit and waiting for a bed on dementia unit as assessment unit is not just for dementia patients spoke to his consultant today she said he wouldn't be manageable at home having formal meeting on Tuesday she has taken him off aricept but is keeping him on memantine and oh I have forgotten the name of tranquilizer he did seem a bit calmer still trying to get my head round things feel so sad keep crying for him it is so lonely in the house

Oh, that's awful for you, nannylondon. I've got a similar meeting next Friday where we'll discuss whether my hubby comes home or not. So much worry for us, and the future - well, let's not go there right now :(

I got to the point tonight, for a time where I felt I could no longer function. Have kicked that out now and told myself off. Reckon that'll be a big feature for me in the weeks and months to come.

Wish I had someone to give me a kick in the rear sometimes, just to keep me ticking over. That would really help, right now, believe me!

Feel free to chat any time. You're most welcome, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Thanks

Oh, that's awful for you, nannylondon. I've got a similar meeting next Friday where we'll discuss whether my hubby comes home or not. So much worry for us, and the future - well, let's not go there right now :(

I got to the point tonight, for a time where I felt I could no longer function. Have kicked that out now and told myself off. Reckon that'll be a big feature for me in the weeks and months to come.

Wish I had someone to give me a kick in the rear sometimes, just to keep me ticking over. That would really help, right now, believe me!

Feel free to chat any time. You're most welcome, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Chuggalug it's a horrible situation for us all isn't I am giving myself a kick today as I know I have to get on with life and stop feeling sorry for myself I am lucky my 2 sons have been so supportive I hope all goes ok with your hubby next week xxxxxxx

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire

Phil was on larazapam, to calm him, that might be what Chris is on, as its used pretty much everywhere. I know how you feel, its awful when they say cant come home, but in your heart you know he is best looked after by professionals, Phil is still in the assessment unit, and I know how hard it is to see our oH in there, and even though I know everything is being done for his care like you I get sad and cry, the loneliness, is one of the hardest things to bear, please try and stay strong for your sake, cry when you need to, it helps to let it all out, I am focusing on moving Phil to a nursing home, I feel that he will feel better in a settled environment, his own room and some of his things around him, and I am keeping as busy as I can, works most of the time, but I still have a good bawl now and then it all seems so unfair. The other thing I would say is that I am much healthier now I am not on duty 24/7 finally sleeping and not having the worry of him lashing out, hadnt realised how stressed I was, I expect you are the same, make some you time, and try and relax, worrying over something you cant change wont do you any good, and you will be better when you visit, a bit more quality time. Take care thinking of you sandra xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Phil was on larazapam, to calm him, that might be what Chris is on, as its used pretty much everywhere. I know how you feel, its awful when they say cant come home, but in your heart you know he is best looked after by professionals, Phil is still in the assessment unit, and I know how hard it is to see our oH in there, and even though I know everything is being done for his care like you I get sad and cry, the loneliness, is one of the hardest things to bear, please try and stay strong for your sake, cry when you need to, it helps to let it all out, I am focusing on moving Phil to a nursing home, I feel that he will feel better in a settled environment, his own room and some of his things around him, and I am keeping as busy as I can, works most of the time, but I still have a good bawl now and then it all seems so unfair. The other thing I would say is that I am much healthier now I am not on duty 24/7 finally sleeping and not having the worry of him lashing out, hadnt realised how stressed I was, I expect you are the same, make some you time, and try and relax, worrying over something you cant change wont do you any good, and you will be better when you visit, a bit more quality time. Take care thinking of you sandra xx

Thanks Mabbs I know in my heart that Chris is in the best place and he was calmer today I think I am grieving for our lost future I agree it will be better when he is in a settled care home with some of his own things around him as for myself I do feel more rested getting more sleep am also thinking about going back to work as I only gave up work to care for Chris in November I am not retiring age yet I like reading your posts as feel we are in a very similar situation so thanks for your support Sandi xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thanks Chuggalug it's a horrible situation for us all isn't I am giving myself a kick today as I know I have to get on with life and stop feeling sorry for myself I am lucky my 2 sons have been so supportive I hope all goes ok with your hubby next week xxxxxxx

Thank you so much. Getting the right information is the Big Thing at the moment :D Got a letter today from the CH which needed sorting out as to whom to ask about funding for things like a barber, or the Chiropodist. Very nicely handled on the phone. It's not all scary movie stylie, thank goodness.

Wishing you every blessing, nannylondon.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Thank you so much. Getting the right information is the Big Thing at the moment :D Got a letter today from the CH which needed sorting out as to whom to ask about funding for things like a barber, or the Chiropodist. Very nicely handled on the phone. It's not all scary movie stylie, thank goodness.

Wishing you every blessing, nannylondon.

Thanks Chuggalug I feel TP is the only place to be able to say how you really feel I am always putting on a brave face saying I am ok when inside I am screaming now I am more rested I realise how exhausted I was visited Chris yesterday he didn't really know who I was thinks male nurses are his sons I find visiting makes me feel so depressed as I realise my lovely Chris has gone don't you just hate this awful disease any way I must stop feeling sorry for myself and go and cut the grass Nannylondon xx