Blood pressure issue

germak

May 26, 2015
Crystal Springs, MS, USA
My husband was diagnosed with Dementia approx 8 years ago when he had a sleep study because of his fighting when he reached the REM in his sleep pattern. He has slowly been getting worse but over the last year it has accelerated. He now has been diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. His problem now is his blood pressure. His pressure may be 180/90 in the morning and by noon it's 80/60. He had been on 2 low blood pressure meds a day until about 6 weeks ago when it started being high. The doctor told me to check his pressure morning and night and if it wasn't under 100 not to give him a pill.
The last two weeks he hasn't had a pill because I'm afraid to give him one as it may make his pressure go up......I'm at a loss as what to do! Is anybody else having this problem? Thank you so much for any help I can get! germak

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Weird this blood pressure thing. My mum had a nose bleed this weekend, middle of night she came into my bedroom with tissues up her nose. I just mentioned this to my sister [a nurse] and she said it was due to high blood pressure and that I should check it every day. I have made an appointment to talk to gp about this, if she has to go back on medication for this think I'll be just as worried as you. Talk to your gp again, tell them how worried you are, they may come up with an alternative plan, maybe visiting the surgery daily to have pressure taken might ease your fears.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
My husband was diagnosed with Dementia approx 8 years ago when he had a sleep study because of his fighting when he reached the REM in his sleep pattern. He has slowly been getting worse but over the last year it has accelerated. He now has been diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. His problem now is his blood pressure. His pressure may be 180/90 in the morning and by noon it's 80/60. He had been on 2 low blood pressure meds a day until about 6 weeks ago when it started being high. The doctor told me to check his pressure morning and night and if it wasn't under 100 not to give him a pill.
The last two weeks he hasn't had a pill because I'm afraid to give him one as it may make his pressure go up......I'm at a loss as what to do! Is anybody else having this problem? Thank you so much for any help I can get! germak

Good grief, germak! Have you suddenly become a nurse or a doctor? Why is this being foisted on you when we already have a healthcare system in place?

Yeah, I know about the learning thing, and that we like to keep a certain amount of autonomy, but the medics should be getting involved with this to ease your fears. Get help. Insist the GP helps you.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire

Hi germak,
My husband has LBD and was diagnosed last July after a few years of wondering exactly what he was suffering.Every morning for at least 6 years he has a severe headache with a feeling that his head is going to explode and still after many different remedies of Meds he is still the same .Its so depressing,it does ease over the day ,most days .High blood pressure on a morning ?
I do hope you get some help,but it does seem like nobody knows enough.Take care x