That lonely feeling .

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
My hubby has LBD and is about midway into this horrible day to day illness.For the last few weeks he has complained of more than normal weakness in his legs and for the second time in three days he couldn't get up from sitting to standing .Im not sure if this is the onset of another stage or not.Just feel so alone ,I've rang the clinic but there's nobody available to speak to me,how bad is that .Hopefully it will pass and we can grab a coffee somewhere(wishful thinking) .Thank God for cars .Sorry to moan x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You’re not moaning Caz nor should you be apologising. It`s what TP is for.

I remember when my husband began to lose his mobility. It was as if his legs were strong enough but they just weren`t getting the message. Sometimes he could get up and sit down with ease and other times he didn`t seem to know how.

There came a time when he was unable to get up from the table after dinner. He seemed unable to organise his body, no matter how much I helped.

When people are sitting for long periods they lose muscle tone too which is probably why your husband is complaining of weakness.

I do hope you get out for that coffee.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Caz my hubby's legs are very wobberly, he sits more now, he was always very active not so much now, also much weight loss, has your hubby lost weight? I spoke to our Admiral nurse this week, didn't get very far with her, they don't help very much. Thinking of you

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Hello Caz my hubby's legs are very wobberly, he sits more now, he was always very active not so much now, also much weight loss, has your hubby lost weight? I spoke to our Admiral nurse this week, didn't get very far with her, they don't help very much. Thinking of you
Hi Pamann,thanks for your reply .I think it does seem like he will eventually lose mobility ,I wasn't aware of this how sad ,for anyone in this position.No ,he hasn't lost weight he's still the same but around his middle he has put on a couple of inches and finding his jeans are just not fitting him .Tracky bottoms I think will be the best option.Im like you nobody seems to be able to answer your problems apart from ATP.Thankyou and take care x

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
You’re not moaning Caz nor should you be apologising. It`s what TP is for.

I remember when my husband began to lose his mobility. It was as if his legs were strong enough but they just weren`t getting the message. Sometimes he could get up and sit down with ease and other times he didn`t seem to know how.

There came a time when he was unable to get up from the table after dinner. He seemed unable to organise his body, no matter how much I helped.

When people are sitting for long periods they lose muscle tone too which is probably why your husband is complaining of weakness.

I do hope you get out for that coffee.

Hi GrannieG, Yes we did get out for a coffee eventually.He had a sleep and it lifted .We took my Dad with us (he will be 90 come August) he looked fresher than us today .Thankyou for your reply X

mems

Feb 17, 2015
Hi Caz
My husband has MS as well as AD so I know how hard the mobility aspect is for you. H uses a wheelchair when we're out so that helps a lot, and a frame in the house, maybe that could be an option for you think about. Take care

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Hi Caz
My husband has MS as well as AD so I know how hard the mobility aspect is for you. H uses a wheelchair when we're out so that helps a lot, and a frame in the house, maybe that could be an option for you think about. Take care

Thankyou Mems ,these options are getting nearer to everyday life for us and we will manage because we have to.We do our best to make life easier don't we .love and care sent to you both

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland

B has Parkinson's and like this I think the weight loss is more fat and muscle

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Hi everyone,
Here I am again after ringing the clinic for help when my hubby was really unwell his Mementine is being adjusted.But sad to say after a week on a 5mg lower dose it's almost unbearable to see him wake up of a morning .Initially he wakes up shaking with a severe head and stomach ,crying and so unwell .This morning I gave him a small amount of Diazepam,just a few grains and he's gone back to sleep .Hopefully it might have eased a little later this morning.Just don't know what to do ,what a sad situation we are finding ourselves in ,Love to everyone out there like me and my hubby.xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL