Expectations.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Helpful to read this thread - makes me feel less alone in anxiously waiting for my OH to perform during the day. If he doesn't then I know we're likely to have a disturbed night, with possibly a major clean up operation or a delay of at least an hour before we get to bed when I'm already exhausted.
It's good to share!!

TedW

Feb 2, 2014
Corfu, Greece.
It would be very fair to say that we are all talking a load of ****! It is something that the lucky husbands and wives out there, who will never experience what we are going through, just will not understand.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Funny thing how pee, poo and dementia sit side by side so well. I was loudly instructed to photograph one particular "motion" last year so that my husband knew he had been! I took several photographs, printed them off and was amazed how many Carers were really quite interested. Just made me feel queasy.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"It took both me and the carer to clean up Bill and the loo."

You forgot to mention the feet, the floor and the inability to differentiate between 'stand still' and 'move' !!!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
"It took both me and the carer to clean up Bill and the loo."

You forgot to mention the feet, the floor and the inability to differentiate between 'stand still' and 'move' !!!

Oh yes!!!

Carer's shoes have gone in the bin. I offered to replace them but she said no. I nearly killed her trying to get past her to get my posh suede shoes off and out of the loo. The downstairs loo was not made for 3!:D

TedW

Feb 2, 2014
Corfu, Greece.
Funny thing how pee, poo and dementia sit side by side so well. I was loudly instructed to photograph one particular "motion" last year so that my husband knew he had been! I took several photographs, printed them off and was amazed how many Carers were really quite interested. Just made me feel queasy.

A motion picture in the true sense of the word.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I certainly did this afternoon. It took both me and the carer to clean up Bill and the loo. I think he may not be needing that half sachet of Laxido.

I was wondering how you know when the assistance is no longer needed!:D

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"I was wondering how you know when the assistance is no longer needed!"

Trial and error!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member