after CHC awarded then what?

katie1

Aug 5, 2014
Kendal Cumbria
We were told Dad had been awarded the CHC fully funded amount for the first three months when he went in to a nursing home 3 weeks ago. However we have not received any letter of confirmation about this or an actual start date. Therefore how will we know when the three month review will be?
Who is responsible for informing us officially that this funding has been granted?
Who should I contact?
thanks

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
We were told Dad had been awarded the CHC fully funded amount for the first three months when he went in to a nursing home 3 weeks ago. However we have not received any letter of confirmation about this or an actual start date. Therefore how will we know when the three month review will be?
Who is responsible for informing us officially that this funding has been granted?
Who should I contact?
thanks

It all generally goes on "behind the scenes" ...the NHS will arrange to pay the home's fees, social services will breathe a sigh of relief that they don;t have to get involved (although the social worker should keep you informed and support you if you need any ongoing help or advice). Best to just sit back and relax about it all, you should be informed when the review is due and be invited along. Hopefully it will just be a formality and the funding will continue. But they will soon let you know if they want any money or anything from you!

lexy

Nov 24, 2013
Who should I contact?
thanks

Hello Katie1

My mum was awarded CHC and it was the social worker who phoned me and told me, I can remember feeling the relief in her voice that the SS would not have to pay:) I did also receive a letter and copy of reasons for decision from the NHS.

I was also told that I could contact the two nurse assessors who came to visit my mum if I had any problems with anything at a later date, i.e. her care in the home.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
We received a letter from our local Primary Care Trust, now renamed the Clinical Commissioning Group that my husband had been awarded CHC and 1:1 24 hour care.

The contract is between the CCG and the home and we have nothing at all to do with this.

We receive letters asking us to attend the reviews.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...Best to just sit back and relax about it all, you should be informed when the review is due and be invited along. Hopefully it will just be a formality and the funding will continue..."

I also hope that the outcome of any review will be a continuation of the CHC although a recent post had statistics showing a large rejection rate.

Evidence is crucial so the OP should regularly check the care home logs to see that are giving an accurate and comprehensive record.

katek

Jan 19, 2015
"...Best to just sit back and relax about it all, you should be informed when the review is due and be invited along. Hopefully it will just be a formality and the funding will continue..."

I also hope that the outcome of any review will be a continuation of the CHC although a recent post had statistics showing a large rejection rate.

Evidence is crucial so the OP should regularly check the care home logs to see that are giving an accurate and comprehensive record.

I can only echo this and have bolded the last sentence. And even if the CHC team try to argue that the patient can now be 'managed', the fact remains that a well managed need is still a need. That is actually stated in their own guidelines, and if they do happen to 'forget' that bit, they should be reminded of it!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts