Worried about John

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Deborah, I know what you mean about being asleep, but the point is that John is now like that almost 24/7. What a change in three months!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel,

At least you have some security in the home procedures. It was good of them to give you a bit of good news, however small.

These infections are coming thick and fast, as if John isn`t recovering fully from one, before he gets another. I suppose it`s a growing vulnerability.

Nothing constructive to say really. It just gets worse. So sorry.

Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Know where you're at Hazel. Thinking of you and sending John some powerful vibes - may help along side the antibiotics.

Take care of yourself, Connie

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Well, Hazel, thankfully I'm not yet at this stage with mum. But you have responded to my problems, so I'm responding to yours, and I truly hope that things get sorted soon. I can't offer any help except

Much much love

Margaret

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you so much everyone for the support, much needed. John is no better today. He's been prescribed antibiotics again, but hasn't got them yet, they should be delivered this afternoon.

They've given him a new, electronically-adjustable bed. Very beautiful, much more attractive then the hospital ones, and so much easier to manoeuvre him. But I guess I now have to accept that he's not going to get his mobility back.

I knew anyway, but admitting it is another matter. :(

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
One more stage further down the line. So sorry Hazel.

I remember when you found out about Picks and posted about predictions of a rapid decline after 7 years.

You were frightened then, but John was so well, it was difficult to believe. It now seems to be coming true. :(

Love xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hazel,
So hard that it's happening at Christmas time. I realize it shouldn't make a difference but I find it so poignant at this time of year.

Here's wishing the antibiotics kick in rapidly.

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi Hazel

I'm so sorry to read that John is no better. I do hope that the antibiotics help

Thinking of you both - take care

Libs

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just catching up on your news about John. How sorry I am to hear that you are both going through this again. It must be so hard. I am so pleased he is in a good NH with first class care.

I shall be thinking about you and truly hope the antibiotics work quickly. Take care of yourself too.

Love Jan

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Hazel,

I am sorry to hear that John is so unwell again. I hope that the antibiotics are effective. Best Wishes to you both. Take Care Taffy.

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hazel

Just catching up on your thread; so sorry to hear about John's deterioration.

Look after yourself.

x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
John has started on the antibiotics, so hopefully will be feeling a bit better in a few days.

I'm feeling so depressed today. I put a note in with my Christmas cards, and as a result, am getting phone calls all the time. People are kind, but it's not helping me, having to keep going over it.

Add to that, my neck has gone into spasm, I've got a blinding headache, and I can't sleep.

Sorry to moan, I do appreciate your support.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Add to that, my neck has gone into spasm, I've got a blinding headache, and I can't sleep.

It`s all related isn`t it Hazel.

Perhaps you could do with a sleeping tablet to give you a really good night`s sleep. It won`t stop you worrying, but you might heal a bit whist sleeping.

Fingers crossed for the anti-biotics.

Love xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR