3grandchildren

3grandchildren

May 8, 2015
Hi, does anyone find that having oxygen helps the symtons. My partner has plural thickening from asbestos and has been using oxygen for the past year we are now being told that he does not need it .i am sure it helps his dementia. Has anyone else had this expereance

DazeInOurLives

Dec 10, 2009
East Midlands,UK
twitter.com
Hi, does anyone find that having oxygen helps the symtons. My partner has plural thickening from asbestos and has been using oxygen for the past year we are now being told that he does not need it .i am sure it helps his dementia. Has anyone else had this expereance

Low levels of oxygen can cause confusion.

Have you got a finger light sensor to measure his oxygen levels? Anyone coming in to assess him is only going to be taking a snapshot of his oxygen levels at that moment, and probably whilst he is at rest and not when he is actually doing something that may cause his oxygen levels to drop.

If you can give clear examples of the benefits that you've seen on your partner's mental welfare, in my opinion a healthcare professional would be negligent to remove it. Speak to your partner's GP about it.

Good luck.

Last edited: