Conflicted Conflicted and i dont know why!

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
In a Nut shell, i didnt go down last sat and sun to the nursing home for just have have a couple of days "off" then mon, tue, wed, the weather was pretty ****ty and ive not had any sleep since 2pm or so yesterday so right now iam totally yawning my head off.

I KNOW i shouldnt feel bad for not going/being down and i have called the home today i asked how mum was and got told she was sitting in the lounge and then i asked how her mood was and got told quiet and i explained about not being down(what've said here) insomnia and that and the staff member on the phone imo was totally indifferent in general.

When i called yesterday i got told The GP came out to my mum yesterday at the home and i got told her dose of anti depressents and Parecetemol(for sore back) had been upped, she's not been eating a lot and been very quiet.

Thoughts Anyone??.

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Of course you're conflicted WS, you feel guilty for needing time off and then finding out they called the doc BUT just think what state you'd be in if Mum was at home and you were having to deal with the doctor and her extra meds etc etc etc. Try and be a little more forgiving about yourself, you've dealt with a difficult situation and had a good outcome. You phoned, it shows how much you care.

BIG hugs xxx

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Of course you're conflicted WS, you feel guilty for needing time off and then finding out they called the doc BUT just think what state you'd be in if Mum was at home and you were having to deal with the doctor and her extra meds etc etc etc. Try and be a little more forgiving about yourself, you've dealt with a difficult situation and had a good outcome. You phoned, it shows how much you care.

BIG hugs xxx

Thanks, I just know know know KNOW i shouldnt feel gulity, i have nothing to feel guilty about.

I wonder why the staff menber sounded indifferent? esp when i was saying why i was not down ,my insomnia, maybe it was just me?..

Last edited:

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
I think the carer gets it from relatives all the time, maybe they have issued themselves and don't want to listen to your reasons, maybe they enjoy standing in judgement, providing they are caring for your mum properly don't take this onto your shoulders too, shrug it off and enjoy your break instead of beating yourself up.

MORE BIG HUGS x

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
i think the carer gets it from relatives all the time, maybe they have issued themselves and don't want to listen to your reasons, maybe they enjoy standing in judgement, providing they are caring for your mum properly don't take this onto your shoulders too, shrug it off and enjoy your break instead of beating yourself up.

More big hugs x

Thank you!! Much appreciated!.