Advice please.

TedW

Feb 2, 2014
Corfu, Greece.
Hello All.
Can anyone advise me as to the solution to an incontinence problem
I am using Tena Plus pants with a Maxi night pad for my wife but despite regular changing throughout the day she still manages to spring a leak at some time or another. Night time is generally OK. Can anyone suggest an alternative solution please? Our supermarkets here sell these items and from my limited knowledge they appear to be the most suitable that are available.

Thanks.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hello All.
Can anyone advise me as to the solution to an incontinence problem
I am using Tena Plus pants with a Maxi night pad for my wife but despite regular changing throughout the day she still manages to spring a leak at some time or another. Night time is generally OK. Can anyone suggest an alternative solution please? Our supermarkets here sell these items and from my limited knowledge they appear to be the most suitable that are available.

Thanks.

I wish I knew, Ted. I use these things myself, but have never come across anything better than TENA. If anyone else has, I'd also appreciate the information. Hope it gets sorted for you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Have you had advice from your local continence service? I'm not sure they would advise anything different but you would get team supplied rather than having to buy them in the supermarket.

TedW

Feb 2, 2014
Corfu, Greece.
Have you had advice from your local continence service? I'm not sure they would advise anything different but you would get team supplied rather than having to buy them in the supermarket.

Izzy. We are not living in the Uk but thanks for the suggestion.

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
I've tried many kinds of incontinence pants for my wife; pull ups and pull through and wrap arounds (those where you have two sticky tabs to secure each side), inexpensive and costly, and they all fail at some time despite frequent removal and changing. Whilst not the most feminine or unobtrusive I have found the pull through and wrap around ones most effective and the need to change wet clothing or bedding is now almost non-existant :)D). I requested the heavy duty ones (large volume absorbency) and I suspect this may have helped. Also, it seems important to use the correct body size. I also still fit a large absorbency menstrual pad to line her pants/nickers to catch any possible leakage from the leg area, although not sure this is absolutely necessary.
Just as an added bonus, these can be obtained from the NHS via the continence nurse/GP and is a considerable cost saving. I hope our experience helps you.
Sorry, just read last post - no NHS.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Izzy. We are not living in the Uk but thanks for the suggestion.

Duh! Sorry! I should have noticed that!!

Acco I use the same kind for my husband. They're as good as it gets I think. Even the maxi absorbency doesn't last him through the night though.

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
:eek: Izzy, I thought my wife had a large tank! I am forever making sure she has plenty to drink, essential as we know for many health reasons, but perhaps shooting myself in the foot :D.

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
how many drips are marked on the pads you are using,night pads are marked with 6 drips and day pads 5 and 1/2,i know the tena ads show less drips than 6,just a thought,also are the pants the right size to hold the pad in the right position.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
This is their absorbency table-

http://www.tena.co.uk/professionals/product-information/absorbent-products/

My husband's problem is that the wee doesn't go right to the back of the pad. If you see what I mean!:eek: that means that he can be wet through but the absorbency line is still showing yellow. This is the product we use now -

http://www.tena.co.uk/looking-after...formation/our-products/belted/tena-flex-plus/

Plus for day and maxi for night. No idea of they are suitable for women! For my husband they are much better than the pull ups. I argued for a very long time to get the pull ups. I then eventually realised they were not the best product for him.