V.e day

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Watching the programme abt ve day on BBC 1 hoping it would jog mums memories but it hasnt. We tried to talk to her abt it but she ses she doesnt remember any of it!! She was 15 at the time and doesnt even remember the street party ( which i knew they had cos ive seen photos). Will dig the photos out tomorrow see if that helps.... Feeling sad

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
My mum has always told me about VE day, she was 15 and went to Trafalgar Square. She said it was so crowded you had to lift your feet up and let the crowd carry you. She doesn't have a telly (doesn't want one and would have no idea how to turn on) but I will try and talk to her about it when I see her this week.

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
My mum has always told me about VE day, she was 15 and went to Trafalgar Square. She said it was so crowded you had to lift your feet up and let the crowd carry you. She doesn't have a telly (doesn't want one and would have no idea how to turn on) but I will try and talk to her about it when I see her this week.

Its sad when they dont remember things. X

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
My dad was in the RAF, and 8th May was his 24th birthday.

He said he was so drunk, he fell off the piano in the Mess, where he wss based in Singapore. Must have been quite a night.:D