I have alzheimers

P J B

Apr 21, 2015
Saxmundham
Hi
I was told two weeks ago that I have alzheimers, its only really just sunk in. Just thought it might be good to talk to some of you guys.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello PJB and welcome to TP.

I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis. It must indeed be hard for it to sink in.

I'm glad you've found TP. I know you'll get lots of help and support here. xx

P J B

Apr 21, 2015
Saxmundham
Hello PJB and welcome to TP.

I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis. It must indeed be hard for it to sink in.

I'm glad you've found TP. I know you'll get lots of help and support here. xx

Thanks for the response Izzy, it's a bit scary being only 50 and self employed but I have a very supportive wife and daughter to keep me going for now. I think it's been creeping up for the last few years now.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Welcome PJB. I'm really sorry that you've had to find us, but there is a great deal of support and friendship here. There is always someone to chat to and you can ask anything. I'm glad you have support from your family, that counts for a lot. They can always come here too if they need to.

P J B

Apr 21, 2015
Saxmundham
Welcome PJB. I'm really sorry that you've had to find us, but there is a great deal of support and friendship here. There is always someone to chat to and you can ask anything. I'm glad you have support from your family, that counts for a lot. They can always come here too if they need to.

Thanks, it's good to know you are all there for us.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hello PJB and welcome, although I'm so very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I'm 50 and can barely imagine how you must feel. I'm sure you'll get lots of support here. Do keep posting and tell us more about yourself.

Hellyg

Nov 18, 2014
Midlands
Hi PJB

I am sorry you have found yourself here. You will find it a great source of support and information. My husband is 55 and was diagnosed at the end of last year, so I understand the shock of knowing you have this terrible disease.

What I would say though is that he is still working and that seems to be going well at the moment. There are challenges and together we are finding ways to manage those challenges. We are planning lots of holidays and things he enjoys, we may have a long time with no or little decline, so we are trying to make the best of every day. It took us many months to get to the stage of feeling calmer about it and we still have bad days but we are having fun and I am learning the best way to communicate with my husband, as this is the area he struggles with, along with decision making.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi and welcome to TP PJB, you have come to the right place for support, I was diagnosed just over 10 years ago with Mixed dementia (Alzheimer's, LBD, and Parkinson's) yet its not the end of the world as there is still a life after diagnosis, just keep fighting at it each and every day, and keep post updates on TP

Best wishes
Barry