Lights and taps

Mibs

May 26, 2014
Derbyshire
What is the fascination for my husband (AD) with lights and taps? Lights can only be turned off by holding the bulb until he burns his fingers, and taps are turned off so tightly that they shear off. Then there's the constant finger tapping and drumming - he loves it.
Could, and will be worse I suppose.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
What is the fascination for my husband (AD) with lights and taps? Lights can only be turned off by holding the bulb until he burns his fingers, and taps are turned off so tightly that they shear off. Then there's the constant finger tapping and drumming - he loves it.

Shearing a tap off? Takes some strength to do that. The bulbs thing would set me right off. Have you told your GP about this?

Mibs

May 26, 2014
Derbyshire
Shearing a tap off? Takes some strength to do that. The bulbs thing would set me right off. Have you told your GP about this?

Yep, appt with his consultant coming up - have got it on my (long) list. Not expecting any constructive help, have learnt not to over past 12 months. I can't believe how naive I was when we first saw the doc a year ago.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Yep, appt with his consultant coming up - have got it on my (long) list. Not expecting any constructive help, have learnt not to over past 12 months. I can't believe how naive I was when we first saw the doc a year ago.

Not naive at all. Only like me, expecting help from someone you assumed you could trust to give it. After all, this is a medical condition we're all dealing with.

You got ignored, too?

Mibs

May 26, 2014
Derbyshire
Not naive at all. Only like me, expecting help from someone you assumed you could trust to give it. After all, this is a medical condition we're all dealing with.

You got ignored, too?

When I look back over our first appt with the consultant I realise now that she didn't actually offer any help. She did a lot of sighing and looking sad, and off we went into the wonderful world of dementia. No guidance, no leaflets, no contact numbers, nothing.
Can't wait for the next appt. - the doc will be surprised, I'm taking no. 2 daughter with us - questions will most definately be asked !!

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon

My husband went on from finger tapping to grinding of teeth ! nothing more than habit.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
When I look back over our first appt with the consultant I realise now that she didn't actually offer any help. She did a lot of sighing and looking sad, and off we went into the wonderful world of dementia. No guidance, no leaflets, no contact numbers, nothing.
Can't wait for the next appt. - the doc will be surprised, I'm taking no. 2 daughter with us - questions will most definately be asked !!

I was ambushed with leaflets and telephone numbers and left to be expected to know what to do with them! So glad it's almost six years on and I now know what to expect!

Things do eventually get on a slightly better footing, and we just get used to the days rolling by and the jobs we have to do.