Motability contract

Forkhandles

Dec 17, 2014
Hello lovely people, this is my first post of what I think will be many so I apologize in advance! Has anyone here ever tried to cancel a Motability contract? My Dad feels he doesn't need his car and it was all arranged by my mother. They are estranged and have been for many years although still live together. My Dad will now only go in the car with me and it seems pointless him having the car sitting here doing nothing when I am not here. Also, my Mother is threatening to take me off the insurance policy as a named driver which will mean she is the only one able to use it. He wasn't consulted when the contract was taken out and I know without doubt if he was given the choice of a car or extra allowance each week he would have chosen the money as he has not yet reached pension age. Any advice would be hugely appreciated

Forkhandles

Dec 17, 2014
Many thanks Jenny, that has given me more hope!

:)
Hello lovely people, this is my first post of what I think will be many so I apologize in advance! Has anyone here ever tried to cancel a Motability contract? My Dad feels he doesn't need his car and it was all arranged by my mother. They are estranged and have been for many years although still live together. My Dad will now only go in the car with me and it seems pointless him having the car sitting here doing nothing when I am not here. Also, my Mother is threatening to take me off the insurance policy as a named driver which will mean she is the only one able to use it. He wasn't consulted when the contract was taken out and I know without doubt if he was given the choice of a car or extra allowance each week he would have chosen the money as he has not yet reached pension age. Any advice would be hugely appreciated